Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:13 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,920,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
going to the gym and then staying in. I am not into the whole drunk scene of st patty's day.
You mean St. Paddy's ........ St. Patrick was a man not a women . But I like your plans keep it healthy and SAFE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I will be staying far far away from anything that has to do with the parade.

I hate the mobs of people. especially drunken bridge and tunnel people, and I am Greek so I have zero interest in St Patrick.

have you been to the greek parade. I have an loved it.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhives View Post
Doin what I's doo every day here... imm sun-tan on the balcony in my speedo until I turn black, drink a NICE beverage, have my one of my women serve me fruit and celery sticks, listen to some old-school on the system, then when the sun goes behind the building at 3:30pm .. imm drive south into the sun in my mazda miata with the top down and go to an outdoor tiki-bar to get the sun from 4pm-sunset.... then get my mack on with the ladies.

damn it feels good to be out of the rat-race

YOU Rule xo

Old 03-16-2012, 12:11 PM

41 posts, read 69,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
YOU Rule xo
Join the 1%!

I Don't know why people insist on being the 99% flock/herd...

Old 03-17-2012, 05:49 AM

400 posts, read 980,791 times
Just remembering the sacrifices and teachings of our lord and protector, Oliver Cromwell.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,863,422 times
I was gonna go to the parade but I changed my mind. Most likely, I am going to go to the bar with my gf and her brother and then back to her house for Cornbeef and cabbage.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,852,211 times
to not get hit with green tinted, projectile vomit.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:39 PM

15,488 posts, read 15,482,866 times
My plan is usually to try to stay off the streets.

I couldn't believe the pandemonium of the noisy mobs yesterday. I can't off-hand think of any other holiday mainly characterized by raucousness and drunkenness. I was starting to wonder why things have deteriorated so badly, and then I realized it was probably because it fell on a Saturday, so people were there who would in other years be at school or at work.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,223,285 times
Quote:
I hate the mobs of people. especially drunken bridge and tunnel people
Because we all know that Manhattanites never party too hearty and stumble around the streets loudly! Or turn up in mobs at the beaches in the summer and offend the locals there!
Quote:
I am Greek so I have zero interest in St Patrick.
Your loss. I stood next to a Greek guy (well, parents from Greece) for a couple of hours, and he enjoyed the parade. We talked about the upcoming Greek parade. He said that he's marched in it since he was 5 years old. We discussed the merits of watching versus marching. He talked about growing up in Astoria in the '70s, among the huge Greek community there at the time.
Later, my wife had a nice chat with a Greek lady (this time from Greece!), who also enjoyed the atmosphere, and was very excited about this year's Greek Parade being on Greek Independence Day!
I told the man that I usually watch the Greek Parade on TV, have never attended. Both encouraged us to attend, but I will still probably watch on TV.
Happy Greek Independence Day! Watch or attend this Sunday, 3/25/12.
http://www.greekfestivalslisting.com...ay_Parade.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City