Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Id be surprised if the nypd has shoulder firing lock on missiles which one launch can cost more than an officers entire yearly salary. as for defending the world trade center that's something the papd and nypd have to deal with. I highly douubt that the nypd can shoot down any sort of airflcraft besides a single engine Cessna. They thing is that terrorist are smart and cunning, they blew up the trade center from the bottom which failed and later flew planes into the top of the buildings knocking them down. The problem with the first trade center is that it was built during the cold war and that building became a symbol of America's economic dominance on the world stage, a show piece if anything. My best bet is for the city and bistate agency port authroity is to equip every building with AA and SAM turrets manned by nypd and Papd officers who had prior military training before becoming cops.
I think they can afford a lot more than those missiles if they need to, their official annual budget is about 4.5 billion. That's more than a lot of the other places whole cities budgets, not just law enforcement. I wouldn't be surprised if they get extra off the books federal funding for terrorism and what not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
In case the attack comes from the air, when 1 WTC is ready for primetime there's going to be personel with missiles ready 24/7 on the rooftop with full authorization to take down any possible threat especially approaching commercial domestic aircraft.
DAMN, that sounds promising. Is there articles you read about that or something?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:40 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,250,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
DAMN, that sounds promising. Is there articles you read about that or something?
I don't think so. This is top secret stuff. Despite heavy artillery on the rooftop I'm not going anywhere near that building.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:43 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Quote:
Id be surprised if the nypd has shoulder firing lock on missiles which one launch can cost more than an officers entire yearly salary.

Besides, a cop would likely hit the building by mistake...or the Verrazano Bridge.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,514,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
In case the attack comes from the air, when 1 WTC is ready for primetime there's going to be personel with missiles ready 24/7 on the rooftop with full authorization to take down any possible threat especially approaching commercial domestic aircraft.
Uh, no, there isn't. Unless you have some sort of source for that other than a bunch of Tom Clancy novels, that's silly at best.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Uh, no, there isn't. Unless you have some sort of source for that other than a bunch of Tom Clancy novels, that's silly at best.
Well, I hope there's going to be atleast room for a helicopter to land. No cables and antennas this time around.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM

167 posts, read 306,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
I think they can afford a lot more than those missiles if they need to, their official annual budget is about 4.5 billion. That's more than a lot of the other places whole cities budgets, not just law enforcement. I wouldn't be surprised if they get extra off the books federal funding for terrorism and what not.
the CIA got off the books funding by selling drugs in latin america.

former CIA director was instructing NYPD

wouldn't be too far fetched.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:45 AM

I just hope the information goes through from a commercial aircraft in distress with technical problems (for example with engines full of Geese trying to land in Hudson) to the personnel on the rooftop operating the lock on missiles with full authorization.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 03-17-2012 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-17-2012, 04:25 AM

877 posts, read 2,012,902 times
It was a bad idea to build 1 WTC

Old 03-17-2012, 04:32 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Besides, a cop would likely hit the building by mistake...or the Verrazano Bridge.
It's not like they're gonna pull some cop out of a donut shop and say go shoot this plane down...the officer would be trained and from an elite group!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City