Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa809 View Post
Agreed! And a quick story....a black girlfriend of mine who was raised in Bayshore ...and speaks proper English told me that when she moved to the Bronx other blacks said she talked white. She said she was so hurt and felt so unaccepted by her own kind that she would cry about it.

This friend of mine is successful....good job...good income...raised a good kid....etc.

Perhaps IGNORANCE is the reason why minorities haven't caught up yet??
So a random incident where your girlfriend probably had to live in a ghetto part of the Bronx and dealt with prejudice by her peers makes it the case for every other Black person... So they all think that way and that's the reason for their struggles... Most of them just don't want to succeed... I got it now thanks...

Listen, I'm not questioning that there are some black and hispanic folk raised a certain way that choose to blame the system and therefore take advantage... The thing is, you should realize that this isn't a black and hispanic issue solely this is every race that has its bad seeds... You talk as if it's the majority of black and hispanic folk that are lazy and mooch off welfare/section 8 and there the only ones...

I bust my *** off myself and work hard for everything I have and it pisses me off to the core as well to see people (regardless of race) mooching off the system but when you target a specific race (or two races in your case) it makes it seem as if you're problem isn't with the system but rather the people themselves and that's the idea I'm challenging...

Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM

127 posts, read 236,174 times
Lol!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironkid1 View Post
Lol once they get an education and can land good jobs the numbers will always favor white people and people like you will always defend them. Go live in eny if you love them so much!
So what you are saying is that you are happy to be a white person cause everything is so much easier for you, better education options, better jobs, better housing....in that case good for you, you sound like a lucky white person....but then again is it really luck? It sounds like you are that white people do really have it better.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 PM

WHAT?!?! Lmao where do you get that from? No I actually graduated high school didn't do drugs and got a job. You don't need much luck to do that!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
WHAT?!?! Lmao where do you get that from? No I actually graduated high school didn't do drugs and got a job. You don't need much luck to do that!
Good for you.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 PM

What better education options? Did I go to a special school that blacks aren't allowed in or did they drop out of that same school and didn't do anything? 72% did the latter

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
What better education options? Did I go to a special school that blacks aren't allowed in or did they drop out of that same school and didn't do anything? 28% did the latter
Well did you go to school in a predominantly black school or did you go to school in a predominantly white school? Did the school sit more in a lower income area or was it more for middle and upper classes?

Go visit one of these schools that are in a predominantly black area and then tell me if you had a better education option or not...but I doubt you would ever do such a thing.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM

28% pass in all nyc. No excuse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: