Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times

Advertisements

as long as he'd mind his business, he
would do about the same as anyone
else i guess. it's still a free country.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:00 AM

458 posts, read 616,369 times
Rascism is bad no matter where it comes from or in what quantity. Arguing that "we had one kind of racism for a while so now this other kind is OK" is silly... Unless you want to base laws on spite and revenge rather than tolerance and diversity.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:28 PM

669 posts, read 1,274,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
Rascism is bad no matter where it comes from or in what quantity. Arguing that "we had one kind of racism for a while so now this other kind is OK" is silly... Unless you want to base laws on spite and revenge rather than tolerance and diversity.
Yea racism is bad no matter who it's too but like I said if the worse that whites get today is jokes and blame(for things whites are responsible for in the grand scheme of things) then white America has it made.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM

292 posts, read 705,066 times
That anyone would seriously think that any racist jokes or discrimination or harassment against ANYONE based on their skin color, gender or ethnicity, even if the target is white, is OK, because "they have had it coming" or "if that's all you have to deal with.." says more about a person dismissing it than anything else..and it says nothing good.

It is ALL unacceptable.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:43 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,850,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcMahon001 View Post
Of course... What worries would a sheltered trust fund kid have in this world? I mean the only worries you had growing up were which kicks you were going to wear that day. Mommy and daddy made sure of that. It must be nice to have that type of life without ever experiencing REALITY. You wouldn't understand what this gentleman is talking about because YOU never had to work for anything in your life. Please, next time you speak for "white people" emphasize that you are rich wasp transplant, NOT a New Yorker.

Peace
Ha! You are funny, and know absolutely nothing about me.

I would never speak for all white people, I only spoke for myself. Learn to read, and you would see that. Poor little new yorker, you don't even know how to read? The school of hard knocks didn't teach you that?

Old 03-21-2012, 04:49 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,850,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
I never said that. I said that everyone gets dumped on. This is not a conversation on whether or not racism is okay

This is a conversation about a certain poster saying that ONLY white men are victims of "acceptable" racism, and that is bull crap. White men have run the world for 6000 years, and now they aren't running as much as they did. This poster sees that loss of power as a direct attack on the white man, which it is not.

I disagree with his premise that white men are the victims of some special type of racism that is socially acceptable, and told him that what he sees as racism is actually the end of only white men controlling the world. IE< not racism at all.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
I am gonna have to go with the comments that JayBrown80 are saying. Saves me time from having to post any long responses to whiny white men, thanks Jay!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
aside from the prejudice and some of his politics,
archie bunker kept it real, so I don't even see the
problem people have with old boy. nobody's
perfect out here.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
I disagree with his premise that white men are the victims of some special type of racism that is socially acceptable, and told him that what he sees as racism is actually the end of only white men controlling the world. IE< not racism at all.
Implicit in here is your agreement that there is "something" to be seen. Maybe you don't agree but it's not entirely clear from your post.

"racism" [rey-siz-uhm]: noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement
2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
(Random House Dictionary)

Anything out there because it's "the end of only white men controlling the world" is racism by definition. Lack of racism would be nobody caring what race you are. If you view me differently because of my race or its history, you're behaving in a racist manner. Period. I could be black, white, asian, whatever.

If what you're saying is that we are merely seeing the change from "superiority" to normalcy (which is jarring white people into thinking others are behaving negatively towards them when they are, in fact, not) then my response would be different. I would only disagree to the extent that I do believe there is actual, legitimately harmful racism against whites. Not on this forum, but in the real world. I've experienced it. It's nothing compared to what has happened in the past against various other groups but it is still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am gonna have to go with the comments that JayBrown80 are saying. Saves me time from having to post any long responses to whiny white men, thanks Jay!
If someone had posted this:

Quote:
I am gonna have to go with the comments that JayBrown80 are saying. Saves me time from having to post any long responses to whiny black men, thanks Jay!
Everyone would call him/her a racist.

Until people can start ignoring race entirely (MLK's Dream) there will always be racism. It's really that simple.

Last edited by Jester2138; 03-22-2012 at 05:36 PM..

Old 03-22-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I would never speak for all white people, I only spoke for myself.
Except you were very clearly making statements that applied to all white people. For example:

Quote:
Being a white male is how I know FIRST HAND that the world and society itself is built to accomodate me.
I.E. the world is built to accommodate white males such as yourself. And the insults weren't necessary though I'm sure John doesn't need me to defend him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: