Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,796 times

Advertisements

It's this kind of mentality taking over here and it saddens me. Anyone who thinks white flight to nyc isn't happening is blind. I'm sitting here looking to move elsewhere because its a matter of time before the hipsters and yuppies price me out of my area. They are already moving to Bay Ridge. I'm already seeing them in my area. Sigh they should make up their minds whether they hate cops or love them.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,861,703 times
NYC blows. I much prefer Filthadelphia even with its many glaring problems. The people in Philadelphia at least tend to mind their own business. NYC is full of azzholes.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:10 PM

669 posts, read 1,273,913 times
Some of you over over exaggerated the whole transplant issue like NYC was never a haven for ppl all of this world and country. Yea now theres more of a white flight back to Urban areas but thats happening all over he country. And the hipster/yuppie population so much lower than the native NY and Immigrant population.

As far as city living goes NYC is still miles ahead of every American city, but were never satisfied with this city before it was such a dump and a crime ridden hell hole now it's too luxurious and lost it's gritty edge.

And did some of you ever think unless your moving to like LA or Miami if you leave NYC you'll be moving to a lame smaller town that almost exclusively filled with the transplants you despise here so much.

Last edited by joshd9124; 03-20-2012 at 11:23 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 11:27 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Anyone who thinks white flight to nyc isn't happening is blind.
The white population of NYC is dropping, not increasing. Also, why are you suddenly talking about white people moving into NYC in this thread? OP was venting about a fat, ugly, transplant, but nowhere did he state the fat, ugly transplant was white.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd9124 View Post
Some of you over over exaggerated the whole transplant issue like NYC was never a haven for ppl all of this world and country. Yea now theres more of a white flight back to Urban areas but thats happening all over he country. And the hipster/yuppie population so much lower than the native NY and Immigrant population.

As far as city living goes NYC is still miles ahead of every American city, but were never satisfied with this city before it was such a dump and a crime ridden hell hole now it's too luxurious and lost it's gritty edge.

And did some of you ever think unless your moving to like LA or Miami if you leave NYC you'll be moving to a lame smaller town that almost exclusively filled with the transplants you despise here so much.
Miami is full of new yorkers.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The white population of NYC is dropping, not increasing. Also, why are you suddenly talking about white people moving into NYC in this thread? OP was venting about a fat, ugly, transplant, but nowhere did he state the fat, ugly transplant was white.
Actually based off the 2010 census compared to the 2000 census, the white population numbers have increased within the more core parts of NYC, all the areas that are now considered "hip" or becoming more hip have all seen a major increase in white residents, but have also seen population numbers drop because less people are living in each unit, basically newer residents are taking up more space per person.

I have actually been a bit interested in "black flight" as blacks and other immigrants have been pushed further out do to the rising costs within the center parts of the city, and the effects this might be having on towns, cities, and suburbs surrounding NYC.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:30 AM

455 posts, read 651,867 times
NYC SUXs:

Overcrowding - Too many different races, religions, cultures, lifestyles, etc. Real Talk - it does not mix well. The population is 8.2 million + illegal immigrants unaccounted + 40 million annual tourist + Nj, NYS, CT residents working here etc.

High Cost - rent, transportation, education, food, recreational, etc all cost a lot.

City Structure - All the jobs, perks, and attractions seem to be in Manhattan (Columbia U down to Battery Park = Manhattan) hence a HUGE density of people and traffic in this area. Also, everyone has to commute to this area for one reason or another.

Illegal Immigrants - A lot of illegal immigrants do not assimilate to the USA culture. (eg - do not bother even learning English, do not become US Citizens, etc)

Human Migration - domestic and international migration to this city is at an all time high. NYC is the capital of the world since it has all the major financial, media, fashion, and tech companies calling it home. So it is not rocket science why a huge migration is happening here. This is happening to all the major cities of the world but NYC eats the cake due to all its qualities. Again, the population is already too high for this city for its size. IMO, the population should be around 4 to 5 million.

NYC attitude - There are so many different types of attitude that you don't know how to interact with other human.

Disparity between the rich and the poor - Walk the sex and the city areas of Manhattan (Columbia U to Battery Park), parts of Brooklyn (hipster areas) and then walk the non-sex and the city areas and you will get the picture. The rich usually help one another meanwhile the middle and poor kill each other.

Only reason to remain here is the job i have. I can't wait until i win the lottery or finally man up and leave.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:48 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
It all depends what kinda person you are and what you want out of life. Like some of what Kal sees as -, I see as +. NYC is not for everybody.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:51 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grigou View Post
No. Because it's the transplant's fault that he ended up in jail. Here he was minding his own business, drinking and peeing in public like all pure blooded New Yorkers do, and here comes some entitled transplant, imposing their values on our great city and throwing that poor innocent man in jail. These idiots need to go away already so this city can go back to its former glory and St. Patties day can be restored to its former glory without interference: getting trashed and showing our weiners in public.
Are you kidding me? The guy took a pee in public.

There is a reason why MOST of you will always be average folks that do nothing more than just "get by".

Old 03-21-2012, 07:53 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
It's this kind of mentality taking over here and it saddens me. Anyone who thinks white flight to nyc isn't happening is blind. I'm sitting here looking to move elsewhere because its a matter of time before the hipsters and yuppies price me out of my area. They are already moving to Bay Ridge. I'm already seeing them in my area. Sigh they should make up their minds whether they hate cops or love them.
Well guess what, it's not their fault that you can't afford it anymore.

I'll bet you can't afford a "Rolls" neither. Gonna blame "Rolls" for that too?

Cry me a river.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City