Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,577,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
You don't know what is a good school or bad school, nor the diff between for-profit and not-for-profit, and you are qualified to determine the merit of her lawsuit and that she is dumb for suing???

Troll....

If you couldn't tell by the questions and the atrocious spelling.... I don't have too much faith in the OP determining the merit of things....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,632,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
If you couldn't tell by the questions and the atrocious spelling.... I don't have too much faith in the OP determining the merit of things....
then GTFO of this thread, why bother

Old 03-21-2012, 08:15 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,577,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
then GTFO of this thread, why bother
Good luck furthering your education. I mean that in the nicest way.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Check reviews on the college and make a judgment call from there. Some colleges and technical schools are not worth it because employers will not take degrees from them seriously.

I agree on checking into some of the CUNY and SUNY options. Check into Empire State College which is a SUNY. They have degrees in Criminal Justice, the tuition is low and a degree from there is taken seriously. I believe they also offer the option to take classes online.

You can check them out here:Public Affairs | Degrees and Programs | SUNY Empire State College (http://www.esc.edu/degrees-programs/bachelors-associate/public-affairs/ - broken link)

I may have to switch to them myself for my degree, as my school is raising tuition to the point it will exceed my financial aid.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,632,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Check reviews on the college and make a judgment call from there. Some colleges and technical schools are not worth it because employers will not take degrees from them seriously.

I agree on checking into some of the CUNY and SUNY options. Check into Empire State College which is a SUNY. They have degrees in Criminal Justice, the tuition is low and a degree from there is taken seriously. I believe they also offer the option to take classes online.

You can check them out here:Public Affairs | Degrees and Programs | SUNY Empire State College (http://www.esc.edu/degrees-programs/bachelors-associate/public-affairs/ - broken link)

I may have to switch to them myself for my degree, as my school is raising tuition to the point it will exceed my financial aid.
O shi* I didn't even know they had campuses around here, can't believe I missed it.
Thanks!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
OSF-on Broadway where my place is the street cleaning street schedule is Thursday 11:30-1. It used to be more but they lessened it a few years ago. I don't know the schedule for the other side of B'way but the free parking is on the side streets and side avenue. there is also a lot of free spots further north on the side streets along B'way

Old 04-23-2012, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,675 times
Monroe is a complete fraud

Old 04-24-2012, 06:49 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
I agree with the CUNY and SUNY options. Considering you want to get into CJ it's probably best to go with the cheapest option available. Going to Monroe is like a double negative--an expensive school with a bad rep. You're in a no win situation by going there.

John Jay and as someone else mentioned SUNY Empire State are your best options by far. BTW I don't know 1 person who went to John Jay to get their Bachelors who has student loans.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:53 PM

93 posts, read 194,268 times
monroe aint bad ma dude. its brooklyn college thats hood. my friend plays on monroe baseball team he said there are mad females and the school work aint even that hard so u can get ya degree easy. idk how much it is tho. u can take out a spell grant wher the goverment pays 4 it to thats what he did. the colors r blue n yellow. mascot is bronco.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
I went to Monroe College! I love it there. If you want to go there, you should go! the professors are very friendly and helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City