Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 PM

25 posts, read 68,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeLoNLoCoBx View Post
monroe aint bad ma dude. its brooklyn college thats hood. my friend plays on monroe baseball team he said there are mad females and the school work aint even that hard so u can get ya degree easy. idk how much it is tho. u can take out a spell grant wher the goverment pays 4 it to thats what he did. the colors r blue n yellow. mascot is bronco.
LMFAO!!

"Brooklyn College is 'hood'". Do you even have the lame NYC high school grades to get in?

"...the work...ain't...hard...[yo]u can get...degree easy."

LMFAO!

What a freaking Troll!

Or, can anyone be this ignorant?

Saw on the news today a report about people lining up and sleeping in the street, just to get an Iron Workers application from the union hall. 500 applications handed out for 50 jobs.

One of the people on line, a woman, is a Monroe College grad, who hasn't been able to find a job.

Wasted degree, wasted money, wasted time!

The government just keeps paying....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 08:18 PM

4 posts, read 7,902 times
I really think that one should research the job market in his/her anticipated career before just assuming you will be able to get a job when graduating. There is a recession going on folks! you can't go to a College like Monroe that cost alot per semester for a degree in something like "hospitality". You actually have to look at the want ads and see what there is a demand for. There are plenty of people that have "good degrees from really good schools" that employers will hire first because of thier degree and their work experience as oppossed to a young grauduate with no work experience. I plan on attending Monroe for the RN program in September. When it comes to jobs in healthcare, particulary nursing, the employer could care less what college you graduated from, as long as you passed your nursing boards and have that little piece of paper called license. Gone are the days of getting a degree in your "dream job" you have to research what there is a job market for and then take it from thier. How stupid for a student to sue a college for not being able to find a job.......all college can prepare you for is the job search and maybe setting you up on interviews. You have to have the skills and persona to actually get pass the interview process or more importantly, have the skills to make your resume stand out against the millions that you are competing with.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 PM

195 posts, read 304,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
It doesn't matter that much, not in most cases. Only if you are aiming for a specific, lucrative career or company that you know only hires from certain schools. I'm sticking with cheap public schools or non expensive private schools.
sounds like you have your mind made up already, but i'll just offer this story anyway: when i lived in atlanta i was shopping at bloomies, one of the managers and i struck up a conversation and he was telling me that he went to a college for his fashion merchandising degree at a for-profit school. about a year after graduation he applied to several colleges in the area for his master's and no one accepted him...they even went so far as to recommend he attend their undergraduate program because they did not even acknowledge a degree from that particular school (even though it was accredited). all i'm saying is that i hope you think long and hard about wherever you choose to go because it can effect you for the rest of your life.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 944 times
Thanks to pelonlocobx for explaining all about monroe college and solidifying why nobody should ever go there. Obviously it's not a good place. I've never heard anything good abt the place anyway, hopefully the word spreads about how bad it is.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:21 AM

93 posts, read 194,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahswingbatter View Post
Thanks to pelonlocobx for explaining all about monroe college and solidifying why nobody should ever go there. Obviously it's not a good place. I've never heard anything good abt the place anyway, hopefully the word spreads about how bad it is.
No prob ma dude. i'm always here to give my expert advise

Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeLoNLoCoBx View Post
monroe aint bad ma dude. its brooklyn college thats hood. my friend plays on monroe baseball team he said there are mad females and the school work aint even that hard so u can get ya degree easy. idk how much it is tho. u can take out a spell grant wher the goverment pays 4 it to thats what he did. the colors r blue n yellow. mascot is bronco.

LOL. This guy definitely could use some schooling. Even Moroe would help!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,632,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laryenhilllvr View Post
sounds like you have your mind made up already, but i'll just offer this story anyway: when i lived in atlanta i was shopping at bloomies, one of the managers and i struck up a conversation and he was telling me that he went to a college for his fashion merchandising degree at a for-profit school. about a year after graduation he applied to several colleges in the area for his master's and no one accepted him...they even went so far as to recommend he attend their undergraduate program because they did not even acknowledge a degree from that particular school (even though it was accredited). all i'm saying is that i hope you think long and hard about wherever you choose to go because it can effect you for the rest of your life.
Yea, I hear ya. That's why I'm starting at John Jay in the fall. School name matters, but I still think cheaper, but well accredited public schools are the way to go in most cases unless you got rich parents or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City