Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ011215 View Post
This is a city with 8 million centers of their own universes.
Can't argue with that!

But something tells me that the reasons why people litter in New York are the same ones to explain why people litter anywhere else. (Now let's sit back and wait for people to claim that nobody litters in their home town!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 07:44 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
In chinese culture spitting is not considered disgusting. I have been to fancy chinese meals where the most beautiful poised young woman, in mid sentence, will hock as loudly as she can and then spit mucus at her feet...then go right on with the conversation. Spitting is not a social convention they find rude.

well this is not china, so they need so etiquite,
spitting here in American is considered disgusting and repulsive

Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 AM

1,962 posts, read 2,708,242 times
Some of the posters on this thread are true animals. But hey, anything goes in NYC right? Litter, spit, cough, pick your nose, pick your azz, males who keep their hands on their family jewels in public ... it's all good!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,849,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
well this is not china, so they need so etiquite,
spitting here in American is considered disgusting and repulsive
I agree. Perhaps you should read the whole thread.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:11 AM

2,871 posts, read 4,791,914 times
People are animals!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:39 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
LOL, would serve them right. Is there a medical condition that forces people to spit every 3 minutes? I see people do it so often I really have to wonder.
No. Most of us have mothers who teach us to swallow our stuff. These people missed a stage in their childhood learning. Teachers also tell kids that this is a habit that will define you as a slob, a really classless individual.

You don't see women doing it so much, just really low class, primitive men.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:40 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dood912 View Post
i spit to get phlegm out. I guess I...just don't care. I'll hawk a loogee next to your granma, your dad, your uncle, your momma. Not next to your chica bonita sister though.
Yes. You are probably at a station in life in which you could not sink any lower, so why should you care? Anyone who meets you knows, automatically, what you are, no? After all, someone has to be at the bottom. It may as well be you.

Yes. When you have a virus it is in your phlegm. You are spreading disease. You are not just a showing yourself to be a slob, but are actually disregarding the well being of your neighbors.

You probably have no problem urinating in public, either, then. Urine, in a healthy person, is sterile. Do you urinate in public. Do you hide somewhere, or do it in front of everyone, like a proud spitter might?

Old 04-10-2012, 06:13 AM

455 posts, read 651,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser199 View Post
Some of the posters on this thread are true animals. But hey, anything goes in NYC right? Litter, spit, cough, pick your nose, pick your azz, males who keep their hands on their family jewels in public ... it's all good!
LOL. People follow the philosophy of "it's ok IF i do it BUT it's NOT ok if you do it."

Old 04-10-2012, 09:06 AM

359 posts, read 329,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. You are probably at a station in life in which you could not sink any lower, so why should you care?

Anyone who meets you knows, automatically, what you are, no?
I've had better times my friend, yes.

I don't think so.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:19 AM

455 posts, read 651,710 times
People litter in nyc since they don't have to clean it up and also the city is so dense that no one will call you out on it. In a small town, yes, in a small city, maybe but in a city that is 8.2 million, 40 million annual tourist, 100k+ illegal immigrants, nys, nj and ct workers, etc i don't think so.

So how many people in CD will call out someone for littering in the streets??

CD member - hey you pick that trash up
NYC - what? who da fack you talking to??
CD member - you should put your trash in a trash can. your momma does not clean up after you in the streets.
NYC - mofo! you betta shut da fack up!
:a fight ensues:
people watch the fight instead of stopping it.
CD member is unconscious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City