Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 PM

7 posts, read 29,398 times

Advertisements

Today I was arrested for using a student MTA when there is no school and also is no my card. Reason why I was arrested is because it popes up that I didn't pay a transit ticket (not Traffic because I just got my learner permit yesterday)I know I was not supposed to use the card, I was called to work today and have no money on me.

I have two questions. How can I find out about the ticket I didn't pay (I cannot recall a time when I was stopped by transit officer) Second question, what can I expect with this case? I was given a court day but not the $100.00 fine to pay. Would this appear in my record? do I have to plead guilty?

I regret what I done and I understand it was not right so please I just need positive comments. I had enough with the time served today. Thanks in advanced!

PD: Is the second time I'm arrested but it was a misunderstanding the case was dismissed and sealed.

Last edited by agresivo809; 04-12-2012 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 PM

PD: Now that I recalled when I was in High School my sister used my MTA & she was stopped but not given a summon (supposedly) And they didn't take away the MTA. I know she's capable of using my information instead of hers since she care less about me. But I doubt that was the incident since she was given the Metrocard back.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:23 PM

anyone? plz =/

Old 04-13-2012, 06:04 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
i'm confused by this. i think you need to call the court listed on the ticket(if there is one) and inquire about the ticket you didn't pay. i don't see how anything could be sealed and dismissed if you have an outstanding ticket and you just got arrested and didn't yet have a trial(Normally dismissals are sealed under NY CPL 160.55 with criminal cases when the charge is dismissed by the judge)

or better yet just go where you're supposed to go...

Old 04-13-2012, 06:05 AM

sorry my error, it's 160.50, not 160.55

Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 AM

363 posts, read 817,712 times
Go down to the Transit Adjudication Bureau downtown Brooklyn (505 Fulton Street) to see about the summons that was issued with the person who used your name. They should be able to tell you the train station, date, time, and Transit District on where the summons was issued.

As far as the Theft of Service charge, make sure you don't miss your court date or a warrant will be out for your arrest. You could be fined, or perform community service where you clean the trains and platforms in Transit. Depending on the judge and your previous arrest, they could also dismiss the charge as well.

Good luck

Old 04-13-2012, 07:48 AM

626 posts, read 903,182 times
Sorry I can't give any advise, but as Akatrk said, don't miss your court date. Best of luck to you.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:57 AM

If this incident happened more than three yrs ago (I was 15) would I be able to find out who use my school mta that time? Also if not, what can I say to my sister to make her talk? I know she was the one who did it bc she can care less about me.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:38 PM

I just called and they told me that I didn't have any ticket on file. I was arrested before and was issued a ticket , not transit or traffic but it was a misunderstanding btw the plaintiff and I. I was wrongfully accused of sex abuse third degree, the case was dropped and sealed. Yesterday when the officer showed me the paper it said transit , but now I have my doubts and I believe it was bc of that situation?

Old 04-13-2012, 12:55 PM

well only the cops could access that sealed info to find out about the charge and dismissal if you were rearrested. only a judge ultimately can use the dismissed charge to determine your guilt or innocence. once it's sealed the cops can't do anything other than access it after they arrest you and forward your rap sheet to the DA and court
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City