Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:17 AM

2,896 posts, read 9,813,232 times

Advertisements

Statements of fact, are not whines.

I believe you are weak, in mind, body, and morality; without the integrity nor intelligence to 'man up' to the facts and realities as they exist.

Rather, you choose to fantasize a reality which exists only in part or not at all.

Anyway, too bad a nice white man like yourself, can not afford to live in such a great place; BUT I, a black man, CAN!

The fact MUST gall, a racially superior person such as yourself, immensely.....

I will not respond further on the subject, so flame away!

/jcoltrane
Dealing in fact and reality
The pain, oh the pain....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Legit lol at coltrane talking about not "manning up" to facts. You have been called out numerous times on this forum, only to watch you disappear into the night like a coward. Here is one example on this very subject.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...d-channel.html

I've never come across anyone on a discussion forum who runs their mouth like a rabid lunatic, and then takes off only to pop up at their next failed attempt at debate.

And by the way, I can't afford it because I already have a place plus another rental for the summer. Simple as that. But of course such an insecure little man as yourself has to, once again, bring it back to race when I in fact never made mention of it until you pathetically showed up.

Listen close you race obsessed tool bag. I don't care that you're black. You understand? You are literally in no way better than anyone in this world. And neither am I. Can you comprehend this concept? I'm certain that you cannot. And I am even more certain that you will not respond to this, even though you will read it. Enjoy your delusions of grandeur, Scrooge McDuck.

Last edited by availableusername; 04-16-2012 at 09:14 AM..

Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 AM

Bump for coltrane, I see him posting...

Old 04-16-2012, 11:05 AM

34,095 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Hey look boys and girls, coltrane sashayed on in whining about the white man again. I'm shocked!
Side with JColtrane on this one. Its a very insular place and basically you might not feel welcome if you're not Irish. Not hating on Breezy Point or anything but it is what it is. Even some of the old school bars down Rockaway Park and Belle Harbor are like that too. It works both ways though, they don't come to my side of town either.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-16-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
It works both ways though, they don't come to my side of town either.

Exactly. Thank you. It goes both ways. And you can ask powerful community leaders like Charles Barron if he wants white folk moving in to his district. This is all that I've ever engaged coltrane on about the subject. Yet he does nothing but foam at the mouth and ramble on about how only the white man represents anything and everything evil about this world, only to suddenly disappear when he's called out.

And for the record, I have zero Irish in me.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Quote:
Side with JColtrane on this one. Its a very insular place and basically you might not feel welcome if you're not Irish. Not hating on Breezy Point or anything but it is what it is. Even some of the old school bars down Rockaway Park and Belle Harbor are like that too. It works both ways though, they don't come to my side of town either.
that may have been true years ago but not anymore.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 AM

34,095 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
that may have been true years ago but not anymore.
Tell that to my cousin who got referred to as a "gangster" in Connolly's. Ironically enough, he's in LE. And that's only on 94th Street for Christ sake.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-17-2012, 11:53 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Quote:
Tell that to my cousin who got referred to as a "gangster" in Connolly's. Ironically enough, he's in LE. And that's only on 94th Street for Christ sake.
I can only speak to Breezy. It's the most insular place in NYC but it's far from Irish only. As Chris Rock would say, if you're all white, you're alright.

Not sure what your cousin looks like, nor do I frequent Connoly's, so its' hard for me to comment on that. But it's safe to say that if an Irish kid went in there dressed in a "gangsta" outfit....they wouldn't ask him what country in Europe his ancestors came from before commenting.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thezohan View Post
My mother owns a house in breezy point that was passed down from her mother. The house is in real nice shape, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, backyard, 1 block from the bay and 3 blocks from the ocean. My family hardly uses the house in the summer, I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of rent we could get for a house like this in Breezy. I know there is a ton of rules about renting, and potential renters need to be approved by whatever committee does the approving. I really dont know, im just coming on here to find out if anyone knows a ballpark figure of what kind of rent we could get for a house like this in such an exclusive neighborhood. If the price is right my mother might be willing to rent it out.

thanks
I am looking to rent on Breezy next summer for at least one month.....When you decide how much can you let me know....

I am a widow, and love the beach....A friend of ours use to have a house there but sorry to say passed away and the house was sold....So I am familar with Breezy.

I would rent and of course would have my children visit on week ends.

Looking forward to hearing from you
Thanks

Old 08-03-2015, 09:14 PM

415 posts, read 514,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Maybe, but it works wonders in maintaing the place as an Irish enclave, and keeping blacks out, which is the purpose!

is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City