Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Excuse my French but your a funny &** •••••. Not being rascist but a complement.
The op is looking for advice on dating women nyc. Since your an old timer you help him out. Any wayI prey, looking for true love can be costly, I know to many dudes who are paying the price off being in true love by getting weekly deductions on their paystubs because of child support.
You'll never find it the way you are going.

The way you think, the way you act, the things you say and do, are WRONG!

None of it will get you to your ambition.

Btw, the OP isn't the one I'm trying to help out....

You are like a guy walking backwards, pissed cause he can't see where he is going.

You need to stop! Turn around and see where you are, otherwise you'll never know where you are going.

For example, WHAT does true love have to do with being so absolutely irresponsible as to drop their seed without thought, preparation, forethought?

You're talking NONSENSE!

What you are really talking about are people who do not know how to conduct themselves. Don't have a clue as to how to negotiate life. If one can't deal with Life, how the heck can a person deal with Love?

Does it surprise you that all the people I know who have gotten married are still married. That there are no out of wedlock babies. That the term "baby daddy" might as well be in a foreign language.[/quote]

^^^^^ for one your probably lying especially since you come from an AA background which is very common to have high rate of divorces and single mothers galore that your beloved Jesus Christ of Baptist Day Saints even lost count no matter what economic tier strata one lives in, and two I dont care if you really know everyone in your circle that is married and never had a child out of wedlock and the idea is divorce is none existent, good for you, you want a bone? Anyway let me go play some listen John Coltrane, one of the greatest New Yorkers to ever live and play a brass instrument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 08:32 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
From what I've seen a lot of female transplants come here expecting the world to be at their feet because of all of the attention they get from men in their hometown. Some truly do come looking for that Sex in the City lifestyle to find multiple attractive, financially set men carousing and whisking them around to "trendy" restaurants, shopping excursions, and trips to the Hamptons. Their expectations go through the roof when they get here, only to stay here for a few years where they realize that their careers aren't what they thought they would be; the rent's are too high, the men that they want--don't want them, and the guys who did want them, have ran through them and their best friend. Time flys, they get a little older, and a new batch of younger, more supple and attractive women move in and take their place wanting the same thing leaving them in NYC dating world limbo. Now they're 30+, working multiple jobs; moved out to the "less desirable" part of town and still living the "dorm life" with roomates. The late night drinking, club/bar/restaurant hopping, "make ups and breakups" and multiple job commuting is starting to have it's wear and tear. And before you know it--they're on depression meds.

Some deal with it, realize that they've invested way too much into this to let go now, and stick it out an hope for the best, while others move back to where they came from as if it never happened. Of course not all women are like this, and some come here and find exactly what it is that they were looking for but I've witnessed this many times here after being "out there" for more than a decade since the age of 18. It's a cycle of wash, rinse and repeat. There's a reason that there is a greater ratio of women to men here in the younger age groups.

Last edited by itshim; 04-22-2012 at 08:58 AM..

Old 04-22-2012, 10:26 AM

106 posts, read 352,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Sounds like another case of a naive transplant. These types of women are good to bang but are not relationship material unless the guy is making $$$$$$ or some sort of hedge fund investor. I dont how or why transplant chicks turn so picky especially since they come from americas most tranquil enviornments where they would usually settle for a high school sweet heart, a returning war vet or looking to screw a guy who is passing through town or visiting.
I've seen suburban girls that come here to NY on group tours with people from their hometown, and they do appear very sheltered and naive like you said. I think if I were to leave NY and move to the suburbs I probably wouldn't have a problem meeting a 9 there as opposed to here.

I think the city just has a way of toughening people up and making them jaded. Like the example of girls getting hit on all the time and taking guys for granted. People will use you and can manipulate you to get what they want here, especially the players. After a few months, if you're still naive, then there must be something wrong with the you...I think it's only a natural progression of change for everyone that arrives to NY from the suburbs.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:57 PM

46 posts, read 57,625 times
Default Bla

Oh let's just face it! The reason why there are so many single women in New York is because New Yorkers IN GENERAL (not just the women) are very shallow, stuck-up, extremely close-minded, fake, unappreciative, unaccepting of those different than them, self-centered, sleazy, greedy, promiscuous, low-class money-grubbers!

Bla.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,528,381 times
lol, can't find women in ny

i had no problem when i was 30, just go out man

being out is 90% of the battle (i'm pretty sure not just nyc)

Old 04-22-2012, 08:08 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
I think its hit or miss, a lot of girls are gonna compare what they have to their friends.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:00 PM

237 posts, read 329,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
Haha dude, calm down a bit. There's looking for pu*** and there's looking for people. Frankly, you're the kind of guy that gives men a bad name and turns many women bitter - thus creating this whole perceived problem in the first place.
Wow, vicious personal attack, calm down a bit. Frankly, you're the kind of guy women complain about..when they claim they can't find a "real man". Good luck

Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 PM

458 posts, read 616,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansean View Post
Wow, vicious personal attack, calm down a bit. Frankly, you're the kind of guy women complain about..when they claim they can't find a "real man". Good luck

Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
...and it keeps getting worse!

You're sister is a HO' of an infinite order of magniitude! Hooking up with chumps for change!

You s/b embarassed to post that Ho' story. The fact that you are not, says everything.

I guess if the economy gets worse, she'll be more honest and get out on the Stroll. Maybe she will hire you to watch her back.

Oh, btw, it isn't a matter of the *wives* not used to a mullatto, they are just not used to a Ho next door! It ain't the South Bronx after all....

UnfkNreal!
I don't think a financially secure clean cut type dude would marry a HO'... your "theory" was a little out there as usual "Mr. Rational".

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 04-22-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 09:15 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,508 times
Women in NYC especially have high standards. If you aren't meeting those standards or aren't in the process of striving to meet those standards then you have no shot at high-quality women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City