Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:58 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeLoNLoCoBx View Post
all the time. the cop that bust me was undercover n he was actin like he was lookin at da subway map real sneak like. no lie, my metro card didnt work so i jumped. then he came after me n wrote me aticket. said i needed to get a card, i said thats wack because i already have a student metro card n it didnt work. whateva.
Since you already admitted that you jumped the turnstile, you apparently have a lot to learn when it comes to making a case. There was no setup at all. Just catching you in the act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Some of you jump the turnstyle without paying your fare, Despite knowing it being a misdemeanor and signs clearly posted in most stations how it's illegal, And...you blame the NYPD cause they are "sneaky."
One day, when I was a conductor, I was working on the R line and when we came into the station at 23 Street, some guy jumped the turnstile right in front of my face. Instead of opening the doors, I called to him, "How about if you go back and try that again?" But instead of paying his fare, he turned around and ran out of the station.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM

93 posts, read 194,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Since you already admitted that you jumped the turnstile, you apparently have a lot to learn when it comes to making a case. There was no setup at all. Just catching you in the act.

the cop was just mad sneaky. all types of ppl jump turnstiles n even go thru the emergency exit not just me. he just picked me cuz i had on my black ny fitted with some fresh threads on he didnt want 2 get the white lady that went thru the exit.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:31 PM

62 posts, read 187,486 times
Quote:
One day, when I was a conductor, I was working on the R line and when we came into the station at 23 Street, some guy jumped the turnstile right in front of my face. Instead of opening the doors, I called to him, "How about if you go back and try that again?" But instead of paying his fare, he turned around and ran out of the station.
Honestly, as a teen, did you hop any turnstiles? God could strike me down right now if I'm lying on the fact that if I were caught for every turnstile I hopped, I'd have to pay $8,500. That being if the fine is still $100.

Thing is you have to know the system in terms of the best stations to hop and lookout for any out of place characters. What is a well built white dude doing at a station like Church Av on the IRT. Most likely an undercover...

Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agresivo809 View Post
I was really stupid. I'm college student and only have one job, I didn't have money and used my brother MTA during spring break to go to work. I was arrested and it was a lesson learned. It was my first ticket, reason why I was arrested instead of giving just a summon was because I had a ticket before I didn't pay (THIS IS NOT TRUE, I CALLED THE TRANSIT INF AND THEY SAID I HAVE NO RECORD SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED WHICH I'M GOING TO FIND OUT THE COURT DAY)

What to expect the court day? will I have to need an attorney? If I plead guilty, will it stay in my record?

Any related experienced please tell me your outcome. thanks!
I don't get what you did wrong. you used yor brothers mta?

Old 05-01-2012, 09:24 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeLoNLoCoBx View Post
the cop ... just picked me cuz i had on my black ny fitted with some fresh threads on
Poor baby.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmacked View Post
Honestly, as a teen, did you hop any turnstiles? God could strike me down right now if I'm lying on the fact that if I were caught for every turnstile I hopped, I'd have to pay $8,500. That being if the fine is still $100.

Thing is you have to know the system in terms of the best stations to hop and lookout for any out of place characters. What is a well built white dude doing at a station like Church Av on the IRT. Most likely an undercover...
No, I didn't. You don't have to believe that if you don't want to, but it's the truth.

This is the same kind of thread as the ones started by people who park their car where they aren't supposed to, then whine when they get ticketed. Yet one more reflection of the fact that people have problems with accountability.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:48 AM

171 posts, read 305,285 times
forgive the ignorance here but how do you swipe people in when unlimited cards are locked out for 20 mins at that station after the first swipe.
is there a trick to this that im not aware of?
unless your referring to letting people in through the emergency door??

Old 05-02-2012, 10:30 AM

62 posts, read 187,486 times
Quote:
No, I didn't. You don't have to believe that if you don't want to, but it's the truth.

This is the same kind of thread as the ones started by people who park their car where they aren't supposed to, then whine when they get ticketed. Yet one more reflection of the fact that people have problems with accountability.
No worries I believe you.

If I were to get caught one day I'm not going to blame it on the "sneaky" cop. lol what an excuse thou...

Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 PM

21 posts, read 64,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWhiteBlue View Post
The people who are giving you advice above don't know what they are talking about; Theft of Service is a Class A misdemeanor (meaning it is a crime rather than a violation), which is the same degree as Petit larceny or 3rd-degree Assault. Since you have been charged with a crime, it would be wisest to consult a lawyer, although it isn't completely necessary. if you have no prior record, it is likely (although NOT certain) that you will get a ACD = "adjourned contemplating dismissal." What you should NOT do, though, is just blow the whole thing off and not appear on your return date; to do that would be to ask for major trouble in the future.
I'm assuming your a hard-nosed law enforcement type because though everything you said may be entirely accurate this is so petty and trivial I
think we'd all be surprised if this surmounted to anything more than a $75 fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City