Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:50 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times

Advertisements

The nanny state is going after moms.

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.

Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

This guy really knows how to tackle all the important issues in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 08:37 PM

1,155 posts, read 2,141,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
The nanny state is going after moms.

Mayor Bloomberg is pushing hospitals to hide their baby formula behind locked doors so more new mothers will breast-feed.

Mayor Bloomberg pushing NYC hospitals to hide baby formula so more new mothers will breast-feed - NYPOST.com

This guy really knows how to tackle all the important issues in NYC.
And **** off every type of person in the process. Doesn't this fall under the "if you don't have a vagina, you don't get to tell them what to do" sort of thing?

Old 07-29-2012, 10:28 PM

387 posts, read 679,907 times
It never ends with this c**k s**ker. You people who elected him for his illegal 3rd term are getting what you deserve, yet I have to suffer.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:58 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times
I can't understand why people voted for him!!!

Old 07-30-2012, 01:21 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
And **** off every type of person in the process. Doesn't this fall under the "if you don't have a vagina, you don't get to tell them what to do" sort of thing?
Breast milk is much better for a baby, but the amount of toxins that is in our bodies from the generation after generation of toxins we have been exposed to tends to counter this, but it is still better than formula, but in the end, yes you are right, this does fall into governing the body which is something the government should not be doing.

Actually it confuses me why anyone would vote for him for a third term when the law stated only two terms regardless of it being changed. I would of voted against him out of principle....though at the same time, I do like the idea of having a mayor sit in office for as long as they want as long as they keep winning elections. I grew up in a city that had an awesome mayor who stayed in office my entire time growing up and she was probably one of the most well connected person to the people of the city, and by people I mean the actual citizens....but people like Bloomberg, I have an issue with super rich people running for office....which means no vote for Romney from me.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:31 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I can't understand why people voted for him!!!
Actually, the problem is almost the opposite. In the last Mayoral election, there was a voter turnout of about a million. Which means, in other words, that nearly 75% of the eligible voters in the city didn't vote. And Bloomberg's margin of victory--yes, even with all the money he spent--was barely 5,000. If only a small number of that 75% could've been bothered to get up off their butts and show up at the polls, he wouldn't be Mayor now.

As it turns out, there are many more people who complain about him than there are who actually made the effort to throw him out of office.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:19 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
These 2 threads should be merged, I already made my comment on the last one. But here is my comment to NYChistorygal:

The reason why people voted for Bloomberg is because his challenger was Bill "Vote for me at least I am not Bloomberg" Thompson, who had zero platform (besides the one I just mentioned) and was a complete imbecile. If you paid any attention for all of 5 minutes during any of the 6 months of election activity you would have known this...but I guess you were too busy complaining about not being able to smoke 3 packs of cigarettes at Burger King.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:01 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
These 2 threads should be merged, I already made my comment on the last one. But here is my comment to NYChistorygal:

The reason why people voted for Bloomberg is because his challenger was Bill "Vote for me at least I am not Bloomberg" Thompson, who had zero platform (besides the one I just mentioned) and was a complete imbecile. If you paid any attention for all of 5 minutes during any of the 6 months of election activity you would have known this...but I guess you were too busy complaining about not being able to smoke 3 packs of cigarettes at Burger King.
Why all the nastiness? I simply made a comment.

And BTW, I don't smoke or eat at BK.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:12 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
No nastiness at all..but someone who calls herself "NYCHISTORYgal" should know why people voted for Bloomberg and not Bill Thompson. If you change your name to "TennesseeGal" and asked that question, your ignorance would make more sense.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 PM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Breast milk is much better for a baby, but the amount of toxins that is in our bodies from the generation after generation of toxins we have been exposed to tends to counter this, but it is still better than formula, but in the end, yes you are right, this does fall into governing the body which is something the government should not be doing.

Although breast milk is much better for babies, it is not Mayor Bloomberg's place to interfere in a woman's decision whether to breast feed her baby or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City