Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 12:20 AM

801 posts, read 1,105,372 times

Advertisements

I don't know if I'm seeing to much , but lately subways are full with this people .
At homes domestic violence it's getting worst , even in the traffic yesterday a woman lost totally control driving and felt from the highway and got kill with all family members .to the point , there's a lot of pressure going on , economy , politics , persecution ,. Etc. I probably feel the same way depress and sometime s everything sucks around me. But I set down and though I'm the only one wrong . But is not .can anyone identify on what I'm saying? I believe that there's a big encrease of illness on all types of way in NYC , but I can be confuse and seein people in a daily stress , depress or tired maybe overworked . What do you guys say, illnes , crazy or mental disorder ,just help out!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 AM

877 posts, read 2,013,045 times
I think people have always been crazy. Let's face it; we're all crazy in some way but some people are more affected. It really has a lot of do with the economy though. I can't blame many people since life is getting hard nowadays, sometimes I do feel like I'm crazy when I am under a lot of pressure. It's just how you take it - some people can take it and some obviously can't and they snap.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:57 AM

But anyone realizes how bad is on this days.? And if look at the news daily all crimes are real crazy. Anyway , how everyone feels about going home stressful on a daily basis ? I know theres moments of peace, but there's time that I don't even want to look outside my house .

Old 05-01-2012, 01:57 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
After the introduction of Thorazine, there is less of a need for continuous inpatient care. The problem is that many don't take the medications they are prescribed for the managment of life in outpatient care. That's why we have these subway jerking off incidents.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 AM

See thats one point. To to many sexo maniacs!! That ain't normal. I can understand people in jail after doing 15 or 20 yrs. but free living ?? !! Can it be any type of illnes not identify by society? Or decease ?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:21 AM

Thorazine normally suppresses every negative "un normal" behavior quite effectively for example, obsessed sexual behavior, tendencies towards pyromaniac, violent behavior etc. but also comes with alot of undesirable side effects the classic "zombie walk" most notably, which is sad to see but atleast you know these ppl don't pose any violent threat. Ppl acting crazy simply are not taking their medications and why would they? They don't see themselves as sick. So in many cases there is still a need for periodical inpatient care altough Thorazine is nowadays around.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 05-01-2012 at 03:19 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 02:25 AM

That's one side of the story , what about the rest? Pressure at Job, salary, rent cost of living etc, don't you think that triggers and potentially affects us in any matter, ?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
That's one side of the story , what about the rest? Pressure at Job, salary, rent cost of living etc, don't you think that triggers and potentially affects us in any matter, ?
Of course, but its individual on how persons react to adversities some are just more prone/sensitive. NYC is a highly competitive environment and many fall behind in this city of hope and opportunity.

But my personal opinion is that serious mental illness (psychotic behavior) is in the genes and a biological disorder. One thing that supports my theory is that psychotheraphy has proven to be insufficient in the treatment of psychotic patients. But medications which regulates chemicals like serotonine and dopamine in the brain has proven to be successful.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 05-01-2012 at 03:08 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 AM

The sad thing about this is , for those that doesn't know they have that condition .and no one can't help it . At the last minute go to today's post newspaper where the blogs talks about pervs . It's totally insane!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: