Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM

44 posts, read 48,590 times

Advertisements

Hey Ginnie

I applied for the 200east125th street apt last fall as well and have yet to hear anything. How is the process going for you??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 AM

857 posts, read 1,364,900 times
I currently live on 135th/Madison and getting off the 6 train walking up from 125th (right across from the pathmark) sometimes is a little sketchy..but like most have said just be "street smart" its not that bad.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 PM

23 posts, read 65,188 times
MizzAmbitious:

Last week I was told that the building is now about half full (48 units total). As I was applying under the cripple exception, which by law are processed first, I suspect they are still going through the list of people who applied through the lottery.

Good luck to you!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
not too long ago there was a police "tower of power" on 122nd and 3rd ave. right in front of taino. stay away from the mobile command units as well. the east side corridor of 125th is in the midst of a sweeping change right now, i would advise you to take the oppurtunity and get an apartment there. they're gonna have to rid the area of all the undesireables in a ny minute, because theres too much rapid growth on 125th. it'll be done swiftly. sure, you'll be bothered with construction noise, but it'll be temporary. 125th is really about to be a problem, in a good way.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:04 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Aargh, I wanted to escape the all-seeing eye.

You're going to need a TIME MACHINE for that.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 AM

208 posts, read 464,106 times
What is the income requirements for mitchell Lama system? Does it vary by complex? I"m sure it varies by size of an apartment but I am curious how much/little you need to make for a studio.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycangel View Post
What is the income requirements for mitchell Lama system? Does it vary by complex? I"m sure it varies by size of an apartment but I am curious how much/little you need to make for a studio.
Figure in the vicinity of <50K (very, very loose figure.) And loosely figure you need at least OVER 3 times the rent.
Yes, it varies by complex and by the number of people and whether or not Federal financing is involved.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM

44 posts, read 48,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnienyc View Post
MizzAmbitious:

Last week I was told that the building is now about half full (48 units total). As I was applying under the cripple exception, which by law are processed first, I suspect they are still going through the list of people who applied through the lottery.

Good luck to you!
Hey Ginnie

I dont check this thing enough. Does anyone know how I could get notifications everytime someone replies? Anyway It is now July and I still haven't heard anything =/ Thanks though. Did you move in yet?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:56 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
not too long ago there was a police "tower of power" on 122nd and 3rd ave. right in front of taino. stay away from the mobile command units as well. the east side corridor of 125th is in the midst of a sweeping change right now, i would advise you to take the oppurtunity and get an apartment there. they're gonna have to rid the area of all the undesireables in a ny minute, because theres too much rapid growth on 125th. it'll be done swiftly. sure, you'll be bothered with construction noise, but it'll be temporary. 125th is really about to be a problem, in a good way.
Dude, your so right on with that fact. Im in the proccess of selling my car out here in CA, and moving back to NYC in mid October. When i was living there in 2009, I was seeing the drastict changes in the 125 East area. Im coming back with a busineess plan, I want a piece of that.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:41 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjRey View Post
Dude, your so right on with that fact. Im in the proccess of selling my car out here in CA, and moving back to NYC in mid October. When i was living there in 2009, I was seeing the drastict changes in the 125 East area. Im coming back with a busineess plan, I want a piece of that.
Really ? Because I was living here then, and that area was a complete garbage dump filled with junkies and free-roaming degenerates. It might be slightly better now, or it looks slightly better, but it has a long, long way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City