Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:16 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,000,933 times

Advertisements

There is no doubt that Mott Haven is not for everyone, and neither is Pelham Bay...if I wanted to live in a mediocre suburban town with racial undertones and a long commute to Manhattan, Pelham Bay might be on my list! If I wanted to live in a downright cheap place close to Manhattan...Mott Haven is the ONLY place on the list.

They both serve their purpose and neither are for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM

307 posts, read 2,507,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Mott Haven is the poorest congressional district in the country.

A good portion of Mott Haven's residents live in Housing Projects.

The majority of Mott Haven residents rely on public assistance.

Mott Haven is among the highest neighborhoods for crime in the city.

No diversity. The vast majority of the residents are Puerto Rican. Followed by African Americans.
Really??? And I tought it was E Harlem according to you SuperMario....

Old 04-09-2008, 02:38 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRaZy View Post
Really??? And I tought it was E Harlem according to you SuperMario....
I love you Krazyyy....you wont let me go on E Harlem.....but you are cool

Anyways all that applies to E Harlem as well. For Mott Haven I said "among" the highest crime nabes....not that its tops. E Harlem was higher.

Same ****

Old 04-09-2008, 02:42 PM

2,978 posts, read 4,000,933 times
I think I am going to start a Dominican thread that way SuperWario can release all his demons..maybe then he can post more sensibly.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:52 PM

307 posts, read 2,507,555 times
Quote:
I love you Krazyyy....you wont let me go on E Harlem.....but you are cool

Anyways all that applies to E Harlem as well. For Mott Haven I said "among" the highest crime nabes....not that its tops. E Harlem was higher.

Same ****
May be if you hang out in Harlem a little bit more you'll change your point of view about it. The same with Mott Haven (cuz since I don't live there anymore but once in a while I'm there I don't think it's that bad). Give it a try.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:54 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRaZy View Post
May be if you hang out in Harlem a little bit more you'll change your point of view about it. The same with Mott Haven (cuz since I don't live there anymore but once in a while I'm there I don't think it's that bad). Give it a try.
Ok I will. Im always in West Harlem but E. Harlem not as much.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 747 times
I was born in the Bronx in 1961 and seen the last wave of the Italian and Irish children that lived in my neighborhood slowly disappear. For many years after, I felt depressed when I noticed the changes around the early seventies when those fools walked around with colors from their gangs on their backs. An Italian girl whom I had an infatuation for in my school told me and a girlfriend that her brother was murdered by a gang only feet from her home in the Morris Park section. After that day, I never returned to her home because I felt that her father would probably blame me because I was Afro-American. The glory days of the Bronx are gone forever. Since the sixties, the children of the blacks and latinos destroyed the peace and created a violent atmosphere through their ignorance and passed it down to this present generation. I grew up only knowing about people by names and not by their skin color. I was so ignorant of race and enjoyed that bliss until I was about 18 years old. I have been living in South Carolina since 2004 and I never liked it here because the seeds of the state's evil history still remain. The reason Donald Trump is liked here is because they all have terrorist leanings that are deep rooted as they masquerade as American citizens while waving the flag of White supremacy. I probably will move back to New York (Queens) if I don't go out to California, but the glory days of the Bronx will always remain in my memory. I would advise you to go where you will find more Caucasian people so you will feel comfortable and safe from the animals who assail you.

Last edited by Lordson; 02-23-2016 at 07:27 PM..

Old 02-24-2016, 10:51 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,469,703 times
Maybe SuperMario changed his opinion since 2008, but I would say Mott Haven is diverse

In addition to Puerto Ricans and African Americans, there are also Dominicans, Mexicans, and maybe even some white folk these days

Old 02-25-2016, 10:28 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,594,814 times
Quote:
Dont assert yourself. Ignore what they say. Dont let them touch you though. But if they say somehting to you, theres no point in responding. They're gonna think you're disrespecting them and thats not going down with them.
Haha, "disrespecting" someone is the ULTIMATE offense!

Old 02-25-2016, 11:35 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,396,946 times
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City