Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2015, 05:33 PM

32 posts, read 94,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.me2 View Post
anybody here got in? how is it?
It's going well so far. It's just a lot of homework and deadlines for more paperwork. But the more I go along, the more I feel like I made the right choice in continuing along. We start gym this week. I know there will be a lot of people who'll hate it and say that all of this isn't worth their time but don't pay attention to it because the way I see it is, that nothing worth our time comes easy. .. It's certainly making me more disciplined and forcing me not to procrastinate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 3,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forhisglory85 View Post
I'm exam 4325 (March 2014) and my list is in the upper 100's. I just received a Notice of Result in the mail. Any idea when I could expect the next step?
I also took exam 4325, list number is also in the 100's. Still waiting to hear from them.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:32 PM

3 posts, read 7,374 times
How's it going guys. I never got called for the October class. Does anyone know who can I call to see what happened. My investigator is no help. She does not return my calls. I appreciate any help

Old 12-05-2015, 02:03 PM

32 posts, read 94,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiah24 View Post
How's it going guys. I never got called for the October class. Does anyone know who can I call to see what happened. My investigator is no help. She does not return my calls. I appreciate any help
Call applicant processing. If she doesn't answer there's a chance that you may have been assigned to someone else. The same thing happened to me when I first started my process. My investigator was changed 3 times. The 1st one I never met. The 2nd one helped me get all the paper work done and the last one basically updated the info and got me into the October class.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 3,285 times
Hi everyone, anyone took exam 4325 and is on list 504? I took the exam on April 2014.

Old 12-20-2015, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 3,254 times
I failed the drug screening on 10/08/15 and was disqualified. To those wondering they take hair samples to determine a 90 day window period of drug usage. In my case it was just a matter of bad timing as I do not use the substance frequently. Im an adult and a responsible one at that with enough credentials to be considered for the position. The decision of being disqualified for such an occupation for having an "unauthorized substance" in your hair seems unfair and excessive without having a second chance especially after such a tedious process. Plus what one does on their personal time should be no one's business. To be hired for this department you are put under a microscope and no matter how upstanding you are its that one thing they will disqualify you for. Im very disappointed of the outcome to my journey through this hiring process after proving myself scoring high on their test and waiting a 3 and a half year gap to start the hiring process not to mention the $200 in fees, and complying to their gruelling and humiliating procedures. Of course Im not expecting anyone to side with me here especially considering what I was disqualified for but then again I committed no wrong and should have not been treated like a convict on probation and more like the potential candidate of an applicant who just happened to have an interesting summer.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:25 AM

327 posts, read 704,700 times
Default hi

[quote=tenup;42348454]I failed the drug screening on 10/08/15 and was disqualified. To those wondering they take hair samples to determine a 90 day window period of drug usage. In my case it was just a matter of bad timing as I do not use the substance frequently. Im an adult and a responsible one at that with enough credentials to be considered for the position. The decision of being disqualified for such an occupation for having an "unauthorized substance" in your hair seems unfair and excessive without having a second chance especially after such a tedious process. Plus what one does on their personal time should be no one's business. To be hired for this department you are put under a microscope and no matter how upstanding you are its that one thing they will disqualify you for. Im very disappointed of the outcome to my journey through this hiring process after proving myself scoring high on their test and waiting a 3 and a half year gap to start the hiring process not to mention the $200 in fees, and complying to their gruelling and humiliating procedures. Of course Im not expecting anyone to side with me here especially considering what I was disqualified for but then again I committed no wrong and should have not been treated like a convict on probation and more like the potential candidate of an applicant who just happened to have an interesting summer.[/QUO:smac k:
you still can apply for McDonalds

Old 12-27-2015, 12:59 PM

344 posts, read 606,557 times
What's the school safety academy like? I graduated from traffic 2 weeks ago. I took the exam last year as well (exam #5303 July 2014) I got my list number for P.O so I'm not sure if I'll do school safety if I get called for P.O.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:01 AM

9 posts, read 18,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syphonbeatz View Post
what's the school safety academy like? I graduated from traffic 2 weeks ago. I took the exam last year as well (exam #5303 july 2014) i got my list number for p.o so i'm not sure if i'll do school safety if i get called for p.o.
are you doing the traffic now and if so how is it. And i took ssa and in 5303 as well.

Old 01-13-2016, 07:57 PM

344 posts, read 606,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee93 View Post
are you doing the traffic now and if so how is it. And i took ssa and in 5303 as well.
Yes i am. Its pretty good so far. It's not hard once you get the hang of it. I work in the city, so there's violations everywhere. I am thinking about taking the promo exam for PD next month since its faster too get called if you're on already. I took ssa also, but only got my list number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City