Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 06:32 PM

39 posts, read 94,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiketsu35 View Post
when you go for the medical it's first come first serve, but they actually let the females go first. So the earliest you can get there the better. Just be prepared to be there all day. I was there for 10 hours no joke! And bring some snacks and water because they will not going to let you out of the building once they let you in and don't forget the money order for the fingerprint... The PT in the academy is pretty hard specially if you don't workout. We run minimum 10 laps everyday, push ups, calisthenics any more. But it's good because you will be really fit once you're done with the academy. The uniform package will run you about $250 it comes with 1 pants, duty belt, utility belt, recruit hat, academy pins, handcuffs, and the duffle bag.... Good luck!!!
. Wow PT is going to kill me lml. What if I can't do pushups can I do the females ones. Don't get me wrong I always give 110% but I can't do push ups. Lord help me now. Also it the PT the reason your class went from 119 to 103? Will they kick me out because I can't do push-ups? I know the best thing to do is start an exercise regiment and learn to do some push-ups. Thanks again for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 07:10 PM

6 posts, read 13,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votero View Post
. Wow PT is going to kill me lml. What if I can't do pushups can I do the females ones. Don't get me wrong I always give 110% but I can't do push ups. Lord help me now. Also it the PT the reason your class went from 119 to 103? Will they kick me out because I can't do push-ups? I know the best thing to do is start an exercise regiment and learn to do some push-ups. Thanks again for the info.
Lol no they won't let you do female push ups. Their reason is "you wanted to be treated equal, then you have to work as equals". I suggest just try to get in shape before you go to the academy, it will help too when you go for your jst. And yes that's one of the reason why our class is down to 103. Oh and they won't kick you out if you can't do push ups. But they will for sure push you to your limits, as long as you give them your 100% and don't give up, they will do the same for you!... i wish you goodluck! And when it's all said and done this is going to be all worth it I guarantee you!

Old 12-18-2016, 07:54 PM

39 posts, read 94,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiketsu35 View Post
Lol no they won't let you do female push ups. Their reason is "you wanted to be treated equal, then you have to work as equals". I suggest just try to get in shape before you go to the academy, it will help too when you go for your jst. And yes that's one of the reason why our class is down to 103. Oh and they won't kick you out if you can't do push ups. But they will for sure push you to your limits, as long as you give them your 100% and don't give up, they will do the same for you!... i wish you goodluck! And when it's all said and done this is going to be all worth it I guarantee you!
Lol I figured they wouldn't. I will keep praying because only God can get me through. Congrats again on making it to the Academy and bless you on your new career.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,658 times
Default Hiring Pool

Hey guys so my exam number is 6306, I scored a 95 and my interview date is 12/28. Is this an actual panel interview or is it a day to fill out paper work? What I'm getting from a lot of posts is that this is a day to fill out paper work, but the letter that I received about the appointment said that there is no guarantee that attendance will result in a job offer, so do I prepare for an interview or just to fill out paperwork?

Old 12-20-2016, 05:28 AM

142 posts, read 237,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyg33 View Post
Hey guys so my exam number is 6306, I scored a 95 and my interview date is 12/28. Is this an actual panel interview or is it a day to fill out paper work? What I'm getting from a lot of posts is that this is a day to fill out paper work, but the letter that I received about the appointment said that there is no guarantee that attendance will result in a job offer, so do I prepare for an interview or just to fill out paperwork?
Prepare for an interview and come dressed for one of your a male make sure you wear a tie.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:41 AM

12 posts, read 22,463 times
I heard for the medical its about 10 ppl in a room w/10 tables for the EKG... Is that true?? And everybody have to strip down to their under garments... Is that true??

Old 12-20-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1685 View Post
I heard for the medical its about 10 ppl in a room w/10 tables for the EKG... Is that true?? And everybody have to strip down to their under garments... Is that true??
There's more then ten people there when you go for your medical you take some clothes off they check to see if you have tattoos when you do your ekg there's around 6 people of your gender in the room with you male with males females with females it's pretty fast the ekg part.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:13 PM

Any new updates?

Old 12-22-2016, 07:14 AM

25 posts, read 35,086 times
Hey, I got a letter in the mail early this for a interview on 12/28, do anybody know what happens if you worked for School Safety before. Would I be able to skip over the training process and will they still have to do my medical and background check over again? Also am I the only with a interview on 12/28 on here? Seems as if everyone else is already going through the process.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:46 AM

Medical January 18th make sure you have your 75 dollar money order
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City