Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 05:37 AM

5 posts, read 14,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ9698 View Post
Make sure you bring copies and orginals of whay they ask you to bring . You going to fill out paper work.then you get called to a room wait somone will call you ask you what brings you to school saftey you say what you need to say ... if you have questions ask. ... then they give you a a paper for when you need to for medical all is done in the same place.

Will medical be the same day and is the fingerprint done the 1st day as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 08:42 AM

73 posts, read 189,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlookedup2 View Post
Will medical be the same day and is the fingerprint done the 1st day as well?
Not on initial interview. Thats another day .. but medical and fingerprinting is the done the same day drug test oh and social media. They check your social media pages if any. Old and new even if u don't have them anymore. You have to fill out more paper work again make sure you take copies of whatever they ask people tend to.forget the most simple things the day when u do the finger printing dont forget to take tour 75 money order form the post office Its an all days thing if all is good and you pass medical, nothing hold u back. Then they schedule you for JST ...ETC... its a long time consuming process. Just ask and anyone can guide you here. Im just being brief...

Old 04-19-2017, 12:47 PM

124 posts, read 220,783 times
Does anybody know the future salary of school safety officer? Since minimum wage going up next year to 13.50?, we basically going to get pay only 2-3 dollar difference then minimum?

Old 04-19-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez93 View Post
Does anybody know the future salary of school safety officer? Since minimum wage going up next year to 13.50?, we basically going to get pay only 2-3 dollar difference then minimum?
They go by contracts so i don't think they up for one yet. Unless the union will work a new contract for school saftey . NYPD just got a new contract since god knows when so imagine when school saftey would get one the last one was in 2014 .

Old 04-25-2017, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 9,537 times
How long is the medical interview when called

Old 04-26-2017, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo1982 View Post
How long is the medical interview when called
Medical its not an interview .. but its an all day thing you have to fill out a lot of paper work
Finger Printing
EKG
Hearing
Drug Test ( Hair Sample )
Social Media ( they Check the Social media you have now and had in the past )
Blood Pressure
Eye Exam .
If all good in Medical etc.. them they will give you an appointment for your JST and your written pshyc test .

Old 05-01-2017, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 9,420 times
I would like to know if you got reinstated yet,Ii was told the process is long i'm also trying to get reinstated

Old 05-02-2017, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 9,407 times
what can i expect from jst?? I'm taking it in two weeks

Old 05-02-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgarcia101 View Post
what can i expect from jst?? I'm taking it in two weeks
its pretty easy pay attention to the instructor don' t follow what other people do That's what I did the first time and I failed , I passed the second time. if you have upper body strength that's plus. one suggestion when you pull the dummy don't wrap your hands on the rope thats a waste of seconds there just when you done with the steps run to your dummy grab that rope and pull. if you fail do sign up for tutoring it does help alot .

Old 05-15-2017, 10:18 AM

7 posts, read 19,581 times
Ugh! So much paperwork to be filled out for this. With the Applicants Employment Record, what if it's some place that's out of the city I can't reach?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City