Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:38 AM

439 posts, read 895,914 times

Advertisements

So... the courts have cleared the way for people to have a class action against the city for the stop and frisk policy... I can't begin to imagine how many people in the city will jump on this. But what could be accomplished by the lawsuit if it goes ahead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 10:42 AM

555 posts, read 1,183,324 times
And they keep record right? or suppose to put your name in a data base?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 AM

18,461 posts, read 31,613,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
and what excuse did the police use to frisk you? They must state a reason to frisk you...well, that's what the court stated but they probably didnt do that.

they said we live in a heavily drug infested area.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:28 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
The cops should have legitimate probable cause to stop and search someone. Seeing money change hands in a known open air drug market. Seeing the outline of a firearm in someone's pocket. Etc. Baggy pants and hoodies are not sufficient.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
The cops should have legitimate probable cause to stop and search someone. Seeing money change hands in a known open air drug market. Seeing the outline of a firearm in someone's pocket. Etc. Baggy pants and hoodies are not sufficient.

just walking down your block in your neighborhood toward your home is NOT sufficient either !!

and then they wonder why a lot of people hate the Police, because I sure as hell hate police officers with a passion, every single on of them.

We called the Police on day last summer because the 2 ghetto sisters on the first floor were fighting and the 5 kids were screaming, this was at 6:30.....

My door bell rings at 9:30 that night, Did you call the police???...
um, yeah, that was 3 hours ago.....

you gotta be kidding, the both sisters by that time had left..........................or maybe one could have of been dead.

Now, unless the building is on fire, the tenants could kill themselves, I close the window and pull the shade down, dont care not interested.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:02 PM

171 posts, read 305,110 times
Moderator cut: Personal attack

as for the stop and frisk, it's happened to me more than i care to remember.
I'm white, M, dress in proper fitting jeans, t shirt usually, i just look like a blue collar dude. Every time it's the same story.."where are you going/ coming from, are you on drugs, ever been arrested"..etc.
One time the pig, er i mean cop, dumped the entire contents of my bag on the ground, rifled through it with his boot and promptly left me to pick up my belongings off the sidewalk.
Not a real good way to get the public on your side cops.

If every single person that got the stop and frisk treatment made formal complaints this policy would likely end real fast.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: Please address the issues. Thank you.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:12 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,412 times
Amazing how the cops just pick on you that way. Could it be that you were perhaps rude to him? spoke to him with an attitude in your voice? Maybe there was something about how you looked?

But, you're right, the cops just pick on people for absolutely no reason at all.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 PM

Well we were just walking down the block I live on, just talking quietly, they stopped us.

I hate cops. They are rotten people.They think they are above the law, and to be honest, I love when one of them dies.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Amazing how the cops just pick on you that way. Could it be that you were perhaps rude to him? spoke to him with an attitude in your voice? Maybe there was something about how you looked?

But, you're right, the cops just pick on people for absolutely no reason at all.

BINGO !!! folks we have a winner here.

yup, we were just walking talking and going home.

what do make of the Einstein?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:43 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,412 times
You probably exude that attitude when you have contact with the police and that's why they harass you. Of course, one day you might need one...but I suspect you will need a defense lawyer sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City