Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 AM

42 posts, read 84,818 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information about the shelter system in NYC? My 5 month old and I will be homeless on June 1st because my bf's mother is kicking us (me and the baby) out. We've had some disagreements and she's had problems with me but instead of. coming to me with the problems so they could be resolved, she just complained about me and talked all this crap about me to my boyfriend! I avoided her for months staying in my bf's room and not being around her but she must feel threatened by me or something. Its sad so sad for a grown woman to kick out her grandchild. I was planning on returning to college next month so I could finish by next year but now that's up in the air. My bf is the military but he's reserves so that's not all that great, he isn't coming with me to the shelter either. I'm hoping to work, save up, have him take care of the baby whlle I work because I'm sure ill have to work once I'm placed in a shelter and I don't feel comfortable having a stranger watch my child so I can move into my own place. I have no friends or family to live with here. My close family members are in shelters themselves. I guess I'm just looking for advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Your boyfriend doesn't have any means to support you or your child?

Old 05-25-2012, 10:42 AM

Nope no job besides the monthly weekend drill

Old 05-25-2012, 11:15 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,702 times
There is college funding for such problematic situations, and since you are not your boyfreind enemy. However in an ungoverment supportive world, I suggest making freinds with somebody or find a family member, that will allow you to live with your child. That is all I could think of.

Last effort is for your boyfreind, to switch jobs, and go halfway around the world. That is a differnt question, for a military forum, or persons. They have housing for various positions.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:31 AM

Hes going to be in the field for 2 weeks starting the 1st. No one has any room for me and a baby

Old 05-25-2012, 05:21 PM

38 posts, read 60,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blu09 View Post
Does anyone have any information about the shelter system in NYC? My 5 month old and I will be homeless on June 1st because my bf's mother is kicking us (me and the baby) out. We've had some disagreements and she's had problems with me but instead of. coming to me with the problems so they could be resolved, she just complained about me and talked all this crap about me to my boyfriend! I avoided her for months staying in my bf's room and not being around her but she must feel threatened by me or something. Its sad so sad for a grown woman to kick out her grandchild. I was planning on returning to college next month so I could finish by next year but now that's up in the air. My bf is the military but he's reserves so that's not all that great, he isn't coming with me to the shelter either. I'm hoping to work, save up, have him take care of the baby whlle I work because I'm sure ill have to work once I'm placed in a shelter and I don't feel comfortable having a stranger watch my child so I can move into my own place. I have no friends or family to live with here. My close family members are in shelters themselves. I guess I'm just looking for advice.
Adoption? I know it sounds bad but you should be willing to do whatever it takes to protect your child and it seems you are not willing to either work or play nice with your bf's mother.

Less baby making, more life lesson learning.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Why would you have a child when you are unemployed, and why would you choose to have a child with someone who is also employed and who lives with his mother ?! That is to say, with someone who has not transitioned into adulthood.

Why would you decide not to finish school ? That's what you did when you decided to have unprotected sex.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Why would you have a child when you are unemployed, and why would you choose to have a child with someone who is also employed and who lives with his mother ?! That is to say, with someone who has not transitioned into adulthood.

Why would you decide not to finish school ? That's what you did when you decided to have unprotected sex.
j
First off, I was in school and working up until I had my child and the only reason why I'm not heading back is because I'm getting kicked out. Who said I decided not to finish school?? And my bf just got back from training in late march and is looking for employment. This all came as a surprise and I've been on interviews and at job fares and workforce one too.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person900990 View Post
Adoption? I know it sounds bad but you should be willing to do whatever it takes to protect your child and it seems you are not willing to either work or play nice with your bf's mother.

Less baby making, more life lesson learning.
No way would I consider adoption. The mother doesn't want me here its her house and who said I wasn't willing to work?

Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 PM

42 posts, read 169,549 times
I hear there are lots of places for your situation in the Bronx, heck just go to the 1 your families already at. Sorry for my previous post, sometimes I just can't help the troll in me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City