Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 07:27 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well gun control is a good thing here...look around ...walk around NYC..ALL over NYC..take the trains in the morning, evening, and late nights, weekends. Now imagine everyone you see with a fully loaded weapon. Scary.

I swear to god you must literally be made out of straw. There are times that I think you're playing a character on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 07:30 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,141,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I swear to god you must literally be made out of straw. There are times that I think you're playing a character on here.
It's funny because he can write well thought out posts that make sense, then his other posts are like a bipolar child. It's very confusing.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:40 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,219 times
The one thing I will give him is that he can correctly formulate a paragraph. And I am very proud of him for that. But that is about where it stops though in my opinion.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:31 AM

171 posts, read 305,110 times
John Stewart talked about this last night(starts around the 8 minute mark)..was hilarious!

Hulu - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Thu, Jun 7, 2012 - Watch the full episode now.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:13 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,368,760 times
Feel free to open a new thread and discuss me, what you love, what you hate, what you think you know about me, what you think I look like. Can' wait.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:40 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,648 times
I don't like proposals like this. When you take away small liberties from people why stop there? It invites intruding on citizens even more. How anyone can possibly tolerate this, let alone like it is beyond me.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:56 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
It's a slippery slope to banning. It's the way gun control is here, try to put so many restricts that you don't even care anymore. Outright bans would lead to people complaining, but if you slowly chip away then most won't even notice or care.

Take the freedom salami analogy for example.....

An employee working in a butcher shop decides that he wants to take an entire salami for himself without paying for it. He reasons to himself that he cannot just pick up the whole salami and carry it out of the shop with him, the boss would surely notice and he would be fired. So, he decides that each day, he will cut off only a slice or two of the salami and take it with him. The boss is far less likely to notice and even if he does, it is doubtful that he would care all that much over one piece of the meat being taken. After just a little while, he WILL have taken the entire salami right out from under the bosses nose.

In this analogy, the employee represents the Government, the salami represents our rights as citizens, and WE are the boss who is being robbed of a salami without even realizing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well gun control is a good thing here...look around ...walk around NYC..ALL over NYC..take the trains in the morning, evening, and late nights, weekends. Now imagine everyone you see with a fully loaded weapon. Scary.
The city would be a safer place indeed. Who exactly do you think that gun control limits? It limits law abiding citizens thats who. The criminals continue to have guns illegaly despite the laws, and only the people who follow the laws to begin with are the ones being "controlled" by gun control.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:47 PM

458 posts, read 615,929 times

WhipperSnapper don't bother, there have been 41 pages of logic provided for them and they still don't get it. They do say ignorance is bliss!

Old 06-08-2012, 06:47 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post

WhipperSnapper don't bother, there have been 41 pages of logic provided for them and they still don't get it. They do say ignorance is bliss!
Im not really posting for their benefit, but rather, for the possible lurkers and passers-by who may be undecided on he issue.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post

Yet most of everyone in here agrees that the ban is a bad idea simply because it is pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City