Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,558 times

Advertisements

I was arrested for public intoxication in Chelsea back in April. I was forced in NY central bookings for a total of two days. I was extremely intimidated by the both police and the criminals housed in central bookings. I am not from NY, originally but Northern California. I am an open homosexual but not flamboyant. The cops were incredibly rude and aggressive, they threw me around like I was trash and consistently yelled at me to "SHUT UP". Where I am from the police listen to you when you talk, these men were ready to beat me down, one bigger police officer sized me up and looked me in the eye, saying "SHUT UP".

I was compliant and non resistant. I understand the NYPD deals with some pretty bad individuals, but can't they sense a guy like me, who is 5'7 - 130lbs and wouldn't hurt a fly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 08:50 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
That is how the police treat people in NYC..they are just a gang of thugs. Do whatever you can to stay away from them..they are not your friends. However you have not indicated any crime they have committed against you other than intimidation, ghetto behavior, and manhandling you...none of which will get you anywhere in a court of law.

Sounds like you just received a lesson on why so many people dislike police in general, and NYPD in particular.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
yeah, but most likely you will pay them.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
You probably deserved it and worse...but you also probably were too drunk to remember.

Police need to even more forceful then they are now.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
^ where are you from? 6000 feet below rikers island?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,722,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative79 View Post
I was arrested for public intoxication in Chelsea back in April. I was forced in NY central bookings for a total of two days. I was extremely intimidated by the both police and the criminals housed in central bookings. I am not from NY, originally but Northern California. I am an open homosexual but not flamboyant. The cops were incredibly rude and aggressive, they threw me around like I was trash and consistently yelled at me to "SHUT UP". Where I am from the police listen to you when you talk, these men were ready to beat me down, one bigger police officer sized me up and looked me in the eye, saying "SHUT UP".

I was compliant and non resistant. I understand the NYPD deals with some pretty bad individuals, but can't they sense a guy like me, who is 5'7 - 130lbs and wouldn't hurt a fly?
Nope. You can't sue 'em because they offended you by telling you to shut up. You don't have the right not to be offended. Welcome to NYC.

If they wanted to beat you down, they would have. The fact that they didn't should tell you something. If it was their intention to hurt you it would have been done or they would have held you at Riker's *shudder*.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,576,740 times
You want to sue the city because the police were "mean" to you? Did you really have to mention the fact that you were gay after complaining about something such as? I think we would all have figured that one out. LOL.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Unfortunetelty the police here in NY suck big time. They are mostly horrible. You cant win.
I have been stopped and frisked so I am in no way going to ever give the Police any credit what so ever.
To me, they are mostly all horrible.

I too am also "family", so I get you. I just happen to look like a terrorist, and I can't help that.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Quote:
one bigger police officer sized me up and looked me in the eye, saying "SHUT UP"

Boy oh boy!!!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:17 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
I wasn't even aware that "public intoxication" was a crime?
It sounds like a holdover from Puritan values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: