Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 AM

16 posts, read 112,509 times

Advertisements

It truly sucks being 50 days short of 21 as I'll be going with a couple college buddies to NYC later on this month. They're both 21 and I'm still 20... are there any options at all for me in terms of partying/clubs go or are we pretty much screwed? Would the fake ID route be the only chance of enjoying myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 08:13 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaintBrah View Post
It truly sucks being 50 days short of 21 as I'll be going with a couple college buddies to NYC later on this month. They're both 21 and I'm still 20... are there any options at all for me in terms of partying/clubs go or are we pretty much screwed? Would the fake ID route be the only chance of enjoying myself?
Webster Hall is one, not that great IMO, but it's always packed, can't think of anything better.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Webster Hall is one, not that great IMO, but it's always packed, can't think of anything better.
I had someone suggest Pasha... would you suggest that?

Are they really that anal about the exact DOB? Like... I turn 21 just a few weeks later.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:17 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Quote:

Are they really that anal about the exact DOB? Like... I turn 21 just a few weeks later.
Yes they are.

Forget fake ID's the days of those working are long gone, most places will scan your ID now.

There are clubs that are 18 and over, but they are scattered around the city. And don't expect to be served, they will likely put a wristband on you signifying you're unable to drink.

You're better off waiting until you turn 21.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,258 times
Quote:

Pacha is 19+ on Fri only. There are a few places in the outer boroughs that allow women over 19, men 21. Some might not care, it depends. Best bet are those two clubs or trying to get sucked in with the crowd on the LES or Village. Bleeker and Meatpacking district really scan the hell out of IDs. NYC needs more 18+ nightlife, there used to be tons even a few years back.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,589,334 times
Cool Maybe not exactly what you had in mind, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
NYC needs more 18+ nightlife, there used to be tons even a few years back.
Hello OP. The only thing I can think of right now is Bowlmor . It seems like an option for you, just not on Mondays, Fridays or Saturdays after 8 PM.

Please read the full restrictions in the link provided above.

Quote:
NOTE - No person under 18 (Sun, Tues-Thurs) or 21 (Mon, Fri-Sat) years of age will be admitted after 8pm, unless accompanied by a parent/guardian; however no children under age 12 will be admitted.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
Hello OP. The only thing I can think of right now is Bowlmor . It seems like an option for you, just not on Mondays, Fridays or Saturdays after 8 PM.

Please read the full restrictions in the link provided above.
From what I understand "children" are allowed too? Was looking for something catered more to the 18+ crowd I guess.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:08 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Pacha is 19+ on Fri only. There are a few places in the outer boroughs that allow women over 19, men 21. Some might not care, it depends. Best bet are those two clubs or trying to get sucked in with the crowd on the LES or Village. Bleeker and Meatpacking district really scan the hell out of IDs. NYC needs more 18+ nightlife, there used to be tons even a few years back.
Do you know any in particular? I know one in the bronx but not in a good area. Do you know any?

Old 06-08-2012, 03:32 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,167,258 times
Male or female? Some places in the outer boroughs allow women 19+. Men are screwed. Not sure which, look around Astoria, LIC, Bay Ridge. Been years since I was under 21. Your best bet is meeting people and networking so you can get past the door. I'll tell you right now though the Meatpacking are not gonna happen for under 21 unless you know someone. My ID was expired and I still had a hard time at some places until I got scanned.

As for bad areas, it depends on the scene you like. I occasionally go uptown for the Latin Music+women. Just don't start any problems. Good luck.

If I were you, Pacha Fri; Webster Hall Sat. Guerenteed. I think there is this place called Greenhouse or something in like SoHo or the Village.

You can also try this:

http://m.yelp.com/search?find_desc=c...New+York%2C+NY

http://m.ny.com/clubs/under21/

http://www.clubplanet.com/Articles/7...Parties-in-NYC

Last edited by nykiddo718718; 06-08-2012 at 03:43 PM..

Old 06-09-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Male or female? Some places in the outer boroughs allow women 19+. Men are screwed. Not sure which, look around Astoria, LIC, Bay Ridge. Been years since I was under 21. Your best bet is meeting people and networking so you can get past the door. I'll tell you right now though the Meatpacking are not gonna happen for under 21 unless you know someone. My ID was expired and I still had a hard time at some places until I got scanned.

As for bad areas, it depends on the scene you like. I occasionally go uptown for the Latin Music+women. Just don't start any problems. Good luck.

If I were you, Pacha Fri; Webster Hall Sat. Guerenteed. I think there is this place called Greenhouse or something in like SoHo or the Village.

You can also try this:

http://m.yelp.com/search?find_desc=c...New+York%2C+NY

NYC Nightlife: Under 21

Top Under 21 Parties in NYC, New York City, NY
Male. If they can bend the age for females it can't be THAT serious can it? I mean.. a law is a law.

Unfortunately I'll be arriving early saturday morning (at like 3am) so I guess Pasha's now out of the picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City