U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2012, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
353 posts, read 991,853 times
Reputation: 82

Advertisements

Today's Newsday showed an advertisement for kitchen cabinets for as low as $155 per foot from Consumers Kitchen & Bath Specialists. Unfortunately, they don't service Manhattan. Stores we have visted near midtown charge much higher prices. Would anybody know other stores that service Manhattan which offer good prices on kitchen cabinets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2012, 10:37 AM
 
551 posts, read 1,543,376 times
Reputation: 423
Ikea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
 
15,006 posts, read 14,730,780 times
Reputation: 20803
After what I've read about Ikea, I'd avoid them. Have you considered going outside of Manhattan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
353 posts, read 991,853 times
Reputation: 82
Cida - We have looked at a few places outside Manhattan but found that they don't service our area.

Wavescot - I'll check out Lakevill Industries. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2012, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
25,292 posts, read 36,162,048 times
Reputation: 12681
I'd start with Home Depot and Lowe's unless you arre looking for extremely high end or custom.

Be wary though, having them installed can be a nighmare if you pick someone unscrupulous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 01:05 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,091 times
Reputation: 10
Try [url=http://WWW.LDLICF.COM]Ldl Interior Custom Furnishings / Custom millwork New york[/url] they work in the city. If you need some custom design piece they don't give you hard time as usual in the kitchen and cabinets stores... you can create what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
18,070 posts, read 30,850,823 times
Reputation: 26845
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrisle View Post
Today's Newsday showed an advertisement for kitchen cabinets for as low as $155 per foot from Consumers Kitchen & Bath Specialists. Unfortunately, they don't service Manhattan. Stores we have visted near midtown charge much higher prices. Would anybody know other stores that service Manhattan which offer good prices on kitchen cabinets?

why dont they service NY?
thats where i got mine from, kraftmaid.
they are excellent.

they dont however install them, they dont tell you that right away, you will need someont to do that. then they say for 5K we can recommend someoen.

please, the workers for my building installed mine for free. the Ll didnt even blink an eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
1,871 posts, read 4,198,446 times
Reputation: 2930
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
why dont they service NY?
thats where i got mine from, kraftmaid.
they are excellent.

they dont however install them, they dont tell you that right away, you will need someont to do that. then they say for 5K we can recommend someoen.

please, the workers for my building installed mine for free. the Ll didnt even blink an eye.
Wait--you installed new kitchen cabinets in your rental at your own expense? No wonder the LL didn't blink an eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
18,070 posts, read 30,850,823 times
Reputation: 26845
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Wait--you installed new kitchen cabinets in your rental at your own expense? No wonder the LL didn't blink an eye.

I own my apartment Co-Op. Not everyone in the building owns, half rent also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2014, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Manhattan
1,871 posts, read 4,198,446 times
Reputation: 2930
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I own my apartment Co-Op. Not everyone in the building owns, half rent also
Ah ok. I have a co-op apartment also and the terminology of "rent" and "landlord" are sometimes confusing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top