U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:27 AM

4 posts, read 9,538 times

Advertisements

Hey, I am supposed to buy a puppy from this area today, but after checking out the area i am a little hesitant on whether or not I should be going to this area. I was presumably going to be in and out quickly, but I just want some reassurance. I would be driving in from North Jersey, oh and I would definitely go during the day as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM

2,185 posts, read 2,332,856 times
*puts on animal rescue hat and steps on soapbox* Don't buy a puppy- adopt! Plenty need a good home!

Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM

340 posts, read 1,145,111 times
i dont think theres a pet store over there so make sure its not a set up. i wouldnt go inside any of the bldgs if u dont know who ur dealing with. u should make them meet u outside.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 AM

The puppys coming from a private owner not a pet store, would it be smart to have them meet me outside? Maybe at the park? Is the park safe?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:42 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,395,471 times
It is truly tragic that people refuse to educate themselves and stop supporting breeders.
Especially basement breeders, as is likely the case in this area.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:43 AM

9,119 posts, read 22,856,322 times
Going with lots of cash?

It's not a good neighborhood but I don't know what The Bronx has to do with the advisability of a transaction such as this.I'd be more afraid of whoever you have agreed to purchase from than of the neighborhood itself.It's just not a good idea to arrange to meet someone anywhere you are unfamiliar with,especially for a cash transaction.This goes for anywhere.You should agree to meet inside in a public place where there are lots of people around,not go to someone's house or meet in or beside a park.That's just stupid.Really stupid.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:50 AM

Sorry I don't got lots of cash to shell out for a dog. Im a college kid man, but yeah i understand where your coming from bluedog, but around here you can actually trust people with things like that, different worlds I guess. I am not familiar with the area, thats why I'm asking here. The only experiences I've ever had in the bronx were ones that I could do without. If I don't have to go there, id rather not. But in this case, its a bit different. None the less thanks so far for the help, i hope maybe some other people have some insight as well?

Old 06-15-2012, 11:53 AM

2,185 posts, read 2,332,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittedd28 View Post
Sorry I don't got lots of cash to shell out for a dog. Im a college kid man, but yeah i understand where your coming from bluedog, but around here you can actually trust people with things like that, different worlds I guess. I am not familiar with the area, thats why I'm asking here. The only experiences I've ever had in the bronx were ones that I could do without. If I don't have to go there, id rather not. But in this case, its a bit different. None the less thanks so far for the help, i hope maybe some other people have some insight as well?
You know you can adopt from municipal shelters for under $200, right? I bet you're getting a pittie and paying more than that for him/her. Save a life- browse Petfinder and adopt.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,106,314 times
yeah, if you don't have a lot of cash to buy a dog, why don't you just adopt from a shelter?

Old 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM

8,747 posts, read 17,628,867 times
And when you are buying from these random people, you have no idea what kind of mess of a dog you are getting. Just because there are puppies for sale has nothing to do with the quality or health of the puppy, or the condition of the mother/father.

I have to say a BIG FAT NO, don't buy the puppy. You are only encouraging these losers to keep breeding (and likely abusing) these dogs. Go to the shelter and adopt...I got a great 8 month old rotty/shepherd mix from a shelter for a whopping $60 bucks and she is the best dog I have ever had! There are lots of dogs and breeds of every age at the shelter...do the right thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City