Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 AM

455 posts, read 651,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerCrawler View Post
Leave it up to boring people to call a fun event like this 'transplant' like...there are so many fun events happening city wide, get with the program. Timeout.com/newyork
Exactly! Not sure how musical chairs is a transplant activity. It's a game that is played by kids and adults at parties. This is also a great opportunity for singles to meet other singles. I prefer this activity than people fighting and killing each other but that is just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 06:58 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Hasn't anyone ever played grown up musical chairs at bbqs and block parties? Its great fun.
Dude. It's played every day on the subway. Holy god. But of course 8:30 am on the 7 train, not self-aware enough for youtube.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Dude. It's played every day on the subway. Holy god. But of course 8:30 am on the 7 train, not self-aware enough for youtube.

That's TERRIFIC, BIM.
And sometimes it's even done to MUSIC.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:06 AM

340 posts, read 1,185,338 times
I got to agree with BXGUYANESE. Nobody from here is going to mark their calendar and ride the train to bryant park to play musical chairs. That whole idea is suspect. Im sure theyll be a lot of funny looking tight pants wearing salvation army t-shirt wearing orange sunglasses people there.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:32 PM

545 posts, read 908,420 times
I think the pantless subway ride beats this anyday....

Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
smh they're doing too much.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:50 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
It's a matter of why are adults trying to revive all of the kiddie games to play themselves? Kickball, dodgeball, musical chairs? It's called children's games for a reason, they are meant for children. There are plenty of other ways of having fun and still showing you are in touch with your inner child than trying to play kiddie games as if you were upset you never got to play it the first time around. If I want to feel like a kid again, I'll go to Great Adventure or to a water park.

But that's just my opinion.

The reason we say real New Yorkers won't do this and all of the transplants will, is because this type of event has transplant written all over it. Just like all of the kickball leagues in Williamsburg. It's like saying "Look at me! I refuse to get a real job and grow up!"

Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
This actually sounds like a fun thing to watch.

I don't get why do people assume this is a hipster event though

Old 06-18-2012, 02:43 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I think it's a CHARMING idea...I hope nobody is trampled to death.
Then I better not tell the family about it. We're hard-core Adult Musical Chairs players. No holds barred. Anything goes. It's actually very funny

But I think this is something to bring communities together and just have fun.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:46 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
It's a matter of why are adults trying to revive all of the kiddie games to play themselves? Kickball, dodgeball, musical chairs? It's called children's games for a reason, they are meant for children. There are plenty of other ways of having fun and still showing you are in touch with your inner child than trying to play kiddie games as if you were upset you never got to play it the first time around. If I want to feel like a kid again, I'll go to Great Adventure or to a water park.

But that's just my opinion.

The reason we say real New Yorkers won't do this and all of the transplants will, is because this type of event has transplant written all over it. Just like all of the kickball leagues in Williamsburg. It's like saying "Look at me! I refuse to get a real job and grow up!"
Not in my family. The kids play their version and the adults play theirs. It can be LOTS of fun providing you have the right people with the right sense of humor. Thank goodness I did not marry into a boring family lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City