Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,047 times

Advertisements

Hello all

My name is Jennifer, a fashion designer and photographer originally from California. I studied at Design Universities in London, UK. Gained 2 years of work experience there, then moved to Montevideo, Uruguay on an Assistant Designer job offer. I have worked the past 2 1/2 years now in Uruguay in all aspects of design for a small children's wear company. As well as continuing to do my own projects and design.

I am planning to go to New York in August in hopes of lining up some interviews for Assistant Design positions in a Creative Fashion Label. I am open to working in children's, women's, men's, and intimates. In hopes of finding something more on the conceptual side of design rather than commercial. With the hopes that i may find something to start immediate to not have to go back to Uruguay and come to New York to try again. My fiancee (Uruguayan) will be wrapping everything up back in Uruguay.

I do have some contacts in the Fashion Industry, but very few, is there any advice that anyone can give me for attempting to find positions from afar, applying online, through email or postal mail. As well as once i arrive in New York? And how to get started with a career in the fashion industry in New York?

The other question i have, as i have always worked a bit with alternative design companies, they have never had problems with tattoos. Living outside of the states for the last 6-7 years, im sure opinions have changed a bit regarding tattoos, but wanted to see if anyone had an inside perspective of how the design industry feels about them? (I have both arms completely tattooed)

Thankyou in advance for any help, anyone that is interested to see some work, there is a link below,
Jennifer Evans

jennifer evans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: