Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 PM

388 posts, read 1,017,026 times

Advertisements

I finished High School but I never continued my education. I want to continue my studying or create a business. In school I always did well but it bored me so I decided to take a little break. I am Afghani. Any enclaves? I have good support from home. Money doesn't become an issues unless rent exceed 3k. I am 22. I have never been to New York but here about it often. Previous cities I have lived in are Nashville, TN and San Francisco. Tell me as much information as possible about COL, shopping, culture, food, transportation, some notable spots, the people, the girls, nightlife (important), atmosphere, climate, things to do. I am a little bit of a weird fellow, I enjoy swimming by myself and shooting pool by myself. I love basketball so I would need a park with good competition. I hear Rucker Park is nice. On a typical day in San Francisco I would wake up at around 10, do my daily chores around the house because my parents are elderly and I help them out, get dressed(like fashion), and go for a walk down Market st and spend a good 5-6 hours outdoors touring the city for the 100x time, never gets old. I eat out 2 meals, make sure to stop by the chess games on market st, and if im still in the mood by nightfall go to a bar or hookah lounge. Keep in mind im doing this all by myself. Any public chess games in NYC? Where to meet other "oddies" such as myself? Where is the youngest part of town? Most upscale? Most fun? Best in general?

Last edited by JMT; 06-22-2012 at 06:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 06:34 AM

43,659 posts, read 44,385,284 times
There are public chess and scrabble games in some of the NYC parks. There are also bars to go out at night. There are plenty of places to tour/visit around the 5 boroughs of NYC. There are public swimming pools open in NYC in the summer as well as city beaches such as Coney Island, etc.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 AM

559 posts, read 1,111,647 times
Where is "Rucker Park"? You sound like you have enough income to wake up at 10 AM, lounge around, and eat out regularly. In which case, perhaps the West Village or Soho or the Meatpacking District would be suitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0'Farrell View Post
I hear Rucker Park is nice. On a typical day in San Francisco I would wake up at around 10, do my daily chores around the house because my parents are elderly and I help them out, get dressed(like fashion), and go for a walk down Market st and spend a good 5-6 hours outdoors touring the city for the 100x time, never gets old. I eat out 2 meals, make sure to stop by the chess games on market st, and if im still in the mood by nightfall go to a bar or hookah lounge. Keep in mind im doing this all by myself. Any public chess games in NYC? Where to meet other "oddies" such as myself? Where is the youngest part of town? Most upscale? Most fun? Best in general?

Old 06-22-2012, 07:13 AM

340 posts, read 1,185,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanintllctl View Post
Where is "Rucker Park"? You sound like you have enough income to wake up at 10 AM, lounge around, and eat out regularly. In which case, perhaps the West Village or Soho or the Meatpacking District would be suitable.

if u never heard of rucker park u need to move back to kansas quick

Old 06-22-2012, 08:13 AM

943 posts, read 1,844,835 times
you're a few generations late to move and taste the real NYC . Try Europe its more cultural and more fun. Bloombum has turned it into a Concentration camp.Now if you look too sexy you may have a problem getting a taxi since he past this new bill
Mayor Bloomberg signs bill to punish cabbies who knowingly transport prostitutes - NYPOST.com

Old 06-22-2012, 09:42 AM

555 posts, read 1,183,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYcRaCk View Post
if u never heard of rucker park u need to move back to kansas quick

Yes I second the motion....Rucker park is as Iconic in NYC AND THE PEOPLE IT SERVES as a Kieth Haring painting.
If you want to see Rucker park in its fullest, its best to go in summer in the evenings, but arrive early or you wont get a seat.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:35 PM

388 posts, read 1,017,026 times
Anyone else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: