Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: average time in outreach program
3-6 months 16 40.00%
6-12 months 3 7.50%
12-24 months 6 15.00%
forever 15 37.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 10:14 PM

75 posts, read 311,319 times

Advertisements

Yes im good tini. I hope mz.nycha is good n everyone else, i want to say ty trini cause even though you in your apt now, your still looking out for us. Your a blessing girl. But as for ojoverdes430 queens and system island is the only places that seems to be calling people back fast. Everyone want Manhattan and Bronx so yeah and it the worst if you want an two bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 10:17 PM

75 posts, read 311,319 times
Laloca3 please have faith mami, it should be there soon they just lazy. You know how all goverment and city things are. They feel as if its helping you then you can wait and these people wont understand till its them thats in our shoes. It should come when you least expect it. Have faith mami

Old 11-06-2012, 02:22 PM

8 posts, read 19,874 times
Thanx... I hope they call soon. The waiting is too much lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream207 View Post
Yes im good tini. I hope mz.nycha is good n everyone else, i want to say ty trini cause even though you in your apt now, your still looking out for us. Your a blessing girl. But as for ojoverdes430 queens and system island is the only places that seems to be calling people back fast. Everyone want Manhattan and Bronx so yeah and it the worst if you want an two bedroom.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM

175 posts, read 459,229 times
Hey guys just wanted to see how everyones thanksgiving went and also to so what everybodys updates are......

Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM

226 posts, read 1,097,623 times
Hey trini,I though about you today and I was thinking like I need to tell trini how they still got me in eligibility review,conducting my background check. I think something's wrong,like my paper work is lost somewhere or its just siting on soneones desk. I honestly feel like that,because I can be in eligibility review since Aug 13 and nothing has changed in my status. I said ill wait until the new year and if its still that way I'm gonna see if I can speak to a supervisor or something cause I honestly feel something isn't right. They keep saying that they are finishing up my background check,and they even said that I'm certified for the development even though its the wrong development waiting list I'm on and even when ibcall the wrong development to see if I'm on there list,they tell me yes lmao and smh,so I know I'm eligibile for housing. That's why I think something is wrong. Bty,I hope u had a wonderful thanksgiving and I know ur happy ur not stressing over where to live permanently which is a blessing girl.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:00 PM

29 posts, read 64,247 times
Certified and still waiting on a call to come see an apt at the development i picked. Giving all of this until June 2013 when my son gets out of school. If i don't hear anything by then i am just going to work a second fulltime job and find us some place decent to rest our heads. I know it will be a struggle and i won't have much time for my son but I can't take where I'm living now. Sooooooo ready to move.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 PM

5 posts, read 49,344 times
Hi everyone ! I applied for housing at the end of sept and recieved an acknowledgment letter in oct, my priority was w3/n4...Im in the process of being evicted and will be in the shelter so Ik that means my priority will be n0 thru DHS. I have a 15yr old g and a 11yr b, how many bedrooms am I eligible for and how long you think it would take ? Oh n Im recieving SSD (disability)

Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 PM

Beanz1979...now that I have read this post I can give you a bit of insight. Because you only applied and received an acknowledgement letter,thats really all it is,an acknowledgement letter.you still need to do and complete an interview. How long will that take?.... depends,you do have a higher priority,however I hate to burst your bubble but being in the shelter doesn't grant you priority anymore,working priority is top priority now. So you can be in the shelter and nycha will choose someone working over you,however SSD is concidered income and apart of the working priority. However nycha may still take years to call you just for the interview,then you still have to wait,how long?....depends on your priority,certification date,and if the computer picks you.Also When u get inte shelter,u maybe there long or you may be there short,its up to you now,not the workers anymore. The shelter isn't how it used to be when u go and get housing programs quick and be out,there are no more programs,your pretty much on your own these days,you have to find your own housing,save up and search for your own apt.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:46 PM

175 posts, read 459,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Hey trini,I though about you today and I was thinking like I need to tell trini how they still got me in eligibility review,conducting my background check. I think something's wrong,like my paper work is lost somewhere or its just siting on soneones desk. I honestly feel like that,because I can be in eligibility review since Aug 13 and nothing has changed in my status. I said ill wait until the new year and if its still that way I'm gonna see if I can speak to a supervisor or something cause I honestly feel something isn't right. They keep saying that they are finishing up my background check,and they even said that I'm certified for the development even though its the wrong development waiting list I'm on and even when ibcall the wrong development to see if I'm on there list,they tell me yes lmao and smh,so I know I'm eligibile for housing. That's why I think something is wrong. Bty,I hope u had a wonderful thanksgiving and I know ur happy ur not stressing over where to live permanently which is a blessing girl.

hey girl thats crazy i remember it took about 4 months alone to get certified. it was very frustrating. the whole nycha process is frustrating. keep hanging in there @MzINeedNYCHA. I believe you will move along shortly. i know you want out of your living situation but we got to be patient. when the timing is right everything will fall into place.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:45 PM

Trinigirl,thank you so much for your kind words...I'm im just so ready to go and get out my living situation. I wish it can go faster so I can be certified and be on my way to moving. The development I choose i is a bad zone regarding natural disaster area,but to get out my situation,ill take it for now. Girl I'm praying and Tryna keep patient,but everytime I call they just keep saying I'm in eligibility review,they are conducting the background check. Do u remember how long it took them to do ur background and complete it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City