Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: average time in outreach program
3-6 months 16 40.00%
6-12 months 3 7.50%
12-24 months 6 15.00%
forever 15 37.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:02 PM

175 posts, read 459,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
I called nycha today and spoke to a nice lady. She said that I'm still under eligibility review however I'm on the waiting list for the development I choose. She said they should be contacting me soon to view an apt cause I'm already on there waiting list and the next step is viewing an apt. I'm excited and I hope all goes well.
thats great. you see u guys are moving along....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 05:34 PM

226 posts, read 1,097,916 times
Trini im a bit confused and somewhat pissed. They certified me for the development I chose however I'm on a waiting list for another one. When I call nycha they say I'm certified and I should be hearing from them soon,but I called the Redhook west development and I'm not on there waiting list I'm on Redhook east waiting list.I been callin to see if it makes a difference idc who list I'm as long as I get called asap u understand. I'm scared and hope this doesn't.interfer with me getting an apt. The lady at nycha said I'm in my last step I'm just waiting for the interview for the apt and then I'm done. I'm just nervous cause the outreach said they had apts at Redhook west not east and I don't.wanna wait forever to be called. I tried calling Redhook east assistant manager but she wasn't there. I need to see about this confusion

Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Whats the gist of this outreach program? Dont quite get what its about.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 AM

75 posts, read 311,392 times
Mzineednycha atleast you get nice people on the phone they don't even want to tell me what's going on. I know they say a computer process it but i know its a waiting list.and with each list there are numbers and orders. If im first priority then where am i on the list.they Sid people can call u back in a year or teo but i doubt. Idk this is to much for me. To know ur more than half way there but your set back due to some computer.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:04 AM

Yea your right because I spoke to another nice lady there again today,she said that it is infact an error,that I have to send a letter to nycha in long island city to have it fixed. She said that since the computer picks the next applicant for an apt and I have the outreach I need to fix it asap because the computer says one thing but my application is on another waiting list so if the computer picks me for the development I'm certified for,there's no application and I'm not on the waiting list either so I won't get called properly. I'm writing the letter asap to go out today. I need me an apt asap,I can't go through this shelter crap

Old 10-20-2012, 07:41 PM

16 posts, read 41,509 times
Its going on 3 months since being certified to Mitchel and it looks like its going to take quite some time
For me to get called for a 2 bedroom. I have given up later for Nycha and started the apt search all
Over again. I wish everyone good luck and hopefully something will come
Thru for you guys quickly.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:28 PM

Good luck to you laloca3,they do day that 2 bedrooms are a long wait because there in higher demand.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Yea your right because I spoke to another nice lady there again today,she said that it is infact an error,that I have to send a letter to nycha in long island city to have it fixed. She said that since the computer picks the next applicant for an apt and I have the outreach I need to fix it asap because the computer says one thing but my application is on another waiting list so if the computer picks me for the development I'm certified for,there's no application and I'm not on the waiting list either so I won't get called properly. I'm writing the letter asap to go out today. I need me an apt asap,I can't go through this shelter crap

Its nychas error so they should have to fix it. Did they offer you the other project as well? you did nothing wrong see if u also can get a number or a email for the nycha office in long island or wherever you have to send it and call them to see if you can change it through them.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laloca3 View Post
Its going on 3 months since being certified to Mitchel and it looks like its going to take quite some time
For me to get called for a 2 bedroom. I have given up later for Nycha and started the apt search all
Over again. I wish everyone good luck and hopefully something will come
Thru for you guys quickly.

Dont put it too far back Laloca3 I still have hope that they will call you. it feels frustrating but dont lose your hope. There are ten buildings in here and i know they have a place for you.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 AM

@ trini,girl im know,and this sucks. I have to do the changing and calling like crazy to see how to fix this issue. Ugh,I'm trying be patient and level headed,but how do you mess up like this,you know. And way ill keep the thread updated with my issue and how it gets resolved. Trini, I hope your enjoying your apt with not having to stress no more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City