Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: average time in outreach program
3-6 months 16 40.00%
6-12 months 3 7.50%
12-24 months 6 15.00%
forever 15 37.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:59 PM

175 posts, read 457,804 times

Advertisements

I want to start this thread for people who have this "Outreach Program" please pass on your experiences if you got through or your still waiting anything. Supposedly this is something new through nycha and any information would be helpful to everybody that has it and reads these forum.

Last edited by trinigirl568; 06-27-2012 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: fix title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 06:14 PM

I applied in june 2011, confirmation from nycha in sept 2011, early march 2012 "Outreach Program" was offered. Accepted it mailed out next day. End of march recieved app package and interview for 4/10/12. from then to may they processed documents to "Eligibility Review" Been in "review" ever since. I call everyday to check the status same thing Im certified for the development but im still under Eligibility Review". At the interview they claim the whole process takes 3 months. It makes 3 months on July 10 so lets see if its true. So far my whole process in total has been 1 year.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 PM

226 posts, read 1,094,826 times
I applied for nycha april 2011 and got a letter stating they recieved my application the end of june 2011. Waited for an interview and in feb 2012 applied again for nycha since my acknowlege letter stated i have to renew ever year. Recieved a letter of acknowlegement again in the end of Apr 2012. Was contacted by the brooklyn outreach program june 2nd stating if i wanted it and i sent the letter back a on the 4th of june. Was contacted back on june 16th with a huge application package to fill out as well as my interview date of july 11. So far thats where im at. After i go to the interview with all my documents ill update the thread on my progress of whats happening next with me.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:47 AM

226 posts, read 1,094,826 times
I believe i was contacted by NYCHA because of my income and employment status. But we'll see when i go to the housing interview.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:57 AM

34 posts, read 102,095 times
I recieved an outreach letter also, I went to the interview and the eligiblity rep told me this NYCHA outreach is a lottery program, they have 20-30 vacant apartments in each developments. So to get them filled up, they send the outreach letter to about 300 people that been on the waiting list whomever sends the letter back, it becomes a first come first serve process. So I wouldn't have any faith in them calling or responding back unless you send the letter back quick.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:45 AM

18 posts, read 90,236 times
Hey, just saw this post and I would like to know what is this new nycha outreach program all about?
Is it offered to everyone and is it still going on in 2012?

Old 07-04-2012, 11:14 AM

I'm not sure. Nycha is just sending out the letters. I'm not sure how nycha is deciding who is in the program. Thats why I started this thread to,see of any one knew of the outreach program.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:57 AM

75 posts, read 310,558 times
I think the outreach program you have to be doing bad somewhere and are employed! it's only been a month of me waiting but the only document they asked for was why my spouse got locked up and thats it. we both never had apt's in our name so their shouldnt be a hold up.
why does something that post to be outreach and fast track take so long?? 3-6 months?? when i have been waiting for housing for over 4 years and my spouse for over 6. They said i shouldnt have had my own application but hey i put one in for me and him cus you never know who gets called in first.
But now they canceled my application and said i couldnt be listed as under his n have my own. if i reply while his is in outreach it wud put us back to a waiting list even though we are waiting now...:/

Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 PM

5 posts, read 25,292 times
Hi I recieved a letter in May 2012 for an apartment in Staten Island the Stapleton apts. I filled it out and sent it out the next day two weeks later I recieved a letter for two more apartment Polo ground in manhattan and St. Nicholas houses. I filled those out and sent it back the next day. About 3 weeks later I recieved a letter telling me to come toan interview on June 29. My husband and I went and brought all documents. While there we were told to choose from the list of apartments they sent us in the mail. We choose St. Nicholas houses. The interviewer told us it would take anywhere from 3 to 6 months before we would move. I want to know if anyone has been through this process and if they were called for an apartment yet. Also if anyone knows anything about St. Nicholas houses. Thank you!!

Old 07-28-2012, 05:53 PM

i just wanted to update. i called on thursday and they told me they are severly backlogged and could take up to six months from the interview date. i told her its already been three and a half months already. she says in the eligibility review it takes a while to review processed documents and also for the amount of other people also on the program. she told me to be patient i should hopefully be on the waiting list soon. i cut down my checking status down to once week and on thursday or friday. i just hope when i get processed it still has apt avaible on the outreach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City