Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 06:59 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerCrawler View Post
What would you do if you lived in this apartment below these fools?
They're not fools; they're animals. But nitpicking over terminology aside (and I think I have some idea what I'm talking about, because I once had the Upstairs Neighbors from Hell, too), here's my recommendation:

When they're in the middle of their usual disgusting activities, call the police. It might take more than one application of this medicine, but then I think they might make a little more effort in the area of consideration. And you'll have the added advantage of having your complaints to the police on record, so you can make a case to your landlord to have the animals evicted.

I once got to watch objectionable neighbors evicted. Believe me, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when that red-and-white City Sheriff's car pulls up in front of the building!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 07:28 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,558,693 times
Quote:
Yes Yankee, they toss urine out their window...this is adults I'm talking about.
adults? Only physically.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,237,338 times
yea i would definitely call the police during one of their middle of the night disputes. and call for the urine throwing too. thats as bad as urinating in public. ****ing slobs. upstairs neighbors will always suck!!! the noise is bad enough but pee-pee throwing??? come on. i just said pee-pee.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:03 AM

95 posts, read 259,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYcRaCk View Post
this joke is dripping with wack juice
Well there really is no need for me to post their ethnicity, so go ahead and sip on the wack juice.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
to bad you couldnt move, and after all your stuff is out of the apartment you can fill your apartment with newspapers, and set it on fire at midnight and then they will have no home.

sucks to be a bad neighbor

Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 AM

95 posts, read 259,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
They're not fools; they're animals. But nitpicking over terminology aside (and I think I have some idea what I'm talking about, because I once had the Upstairs Neighbors from Hell, too), here's my recommendation:

When they're in the middle of their usual disgusting activities, call the police. It might take more than one application of this medicine, but then I think they might make a little more effort in the area of consideration. And you'll have the added advantage of having your complaints to the police on record, so you can make a case to your landlord to have the animals evicted.

I once got to watch objectionable neighbors evicted. Believe me, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when that red-and-white City Sheriff's car pulls up in front of the building!

I honestly don't think that involving the cops would help, I prefer for them to be patrolling the streets. Plus, these people may not be intimidated at all by the police and just lash out at us by just worsening...animals. I would love to see them evicted though

Old 06-28-2012, 08:47 AM

2,871 posts, read 4,791,914 times
Quote:
The tremors reach downstairs and we have had to tell them that it's not us. Also there's consistent water leaks that filter down to the floor below us which we have been blamed for as well. We've been in this apt for 13 years, and a life time in this neighborhood/community...they have been here about 1 year since they moved in from a shelter or the projects so maybe they just need a little lesson in how it is to live above people.. @dapanza107, their ethnicity is disgusting loud upstairs neighbor :P
These are the people SobroGuy, Hilltopjay and many others have warned us about!

Old 06-28-2012, 09:15 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
I honestly don't think that involving the cops would help, I prefer for them to be patrolling the streets. Plus, these people may not be intimidated at all by the police and just lash out at us by just worsening...animals. I would love to see them evicted though
They are causing disturbances and throwing bodily waste out of a window that has been affecting YOUR health. Of course that warrants a call to the police!! Tell your LL if he doesn't rectify the situation, you will be calling 311 and social services on the people upstairs. Be nasty about it if you have to. It's your well being we're talking about.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:17 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
They are causing disturbances and throwing bodily waste out of a window that has been affecting YOUR health. Of course that warrants a call to the police!! Tell your LL if he doesn't rectify the situation, you will be calling 311 and social services on the people upstairs. Be nasty about it if you have to. It's your well being we're talking about.

I agree! These people sound so disgusting. You would think that if they came from a shelter, they would be grateful to have a place to live. SMDH. I can only imagine what that apartment looks/smells like.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:21 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,930 times
Ah, the joys of living in a NY city pigeon coop called...an apartment.

Yep..greatest city in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City