Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:25 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,128,287 times

Advertisements

Taylor Street, Staten Island vs. Taylor Street, Brooklyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 09:50 PM

Dunbar Street, Staten Island, New York, NY - Google Maps vs. Dunbar Street, Queens, New York, NY - Google Maps

Old 12-09-2012, 09:15 PM

Laconia Avenue, Bronx vs. Laconia Avenue, Staten Island

Old 12-10-2012, 12:07 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
There seems to be an endless amount of these.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:11 AM

6,985 posts, read 7,045,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Nostrand Avenue, Brooklyn vs. Nostrand Avenue, Staten Island

Oceanview Avenue in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.

Ocean Avenue in Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island.

Highland Avenue in Queens and Staten Island, and two in Brooklyn (one technically being in the Greenwood Cemetary)

I also realized that in addition to the Hillside Avenues I mentioned in Queens & Staten Island, there's also a second one out in the Rockaways.
There is also a Hillside Avenue in upper Manhattan.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:09 AM

877 posts, read 2,012,702 times
St. Mark's Place and 5th Ave. in Brooklyn and Manhattan

Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOReverxpeace View Post
St. Mark's Place and 5th Ave. in Brooklyn and Manhattan
I wonder how many cases there are of two streets with the same name intersecting in different boroughs, not including the intersection of two numbered streets.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
I wonder how many cases there are of two streets with the same name intersecting in different boroughs, not including the intersection of two numbered streets.
Alright, that should make it interesting. I'll start.

Forest Avenue & Grandview Avenue in Queens, and Forest Avenue & Grandview Avenue on Staten Island.

Myrtle Avenue & Broadway in Brooklyn, and Myrtle Avenue & Broadway on Staten Island.

Central Avenue & Myrtle Avenue in Brooklyn and Central Avenue & Myrtle Avenue in Queens. (Both are the same Myrtle Avenue, but with a different Central Avenue).

Old 02-13-2014, 09:50 PM

Forest Avenue & Metropolitan Avenue on Staten Island, and Forest Avenue & Metropolitan Avenue in Queens.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
I don't think so. If you're driving along Gulf Avenue (near the Goethals Bridge) and look south, you just see empty fields. As for CSI, there's one main loop road. I don't think there are any street signs on there. I guess it's possible that that's technically the name, but nobody calls them by 1st Avenue, 3rd Avenue, etc.

CSI used to have a mental institution on the grounds, but that's abandoned now. It seems like 2nd - 4th Avenues are on the grounds of that, and 1st Avenue is the technical name for the loop that passes by the Performing Arts Center, but like I said, nobody calls those streets by that name (2nd - 4th Avenue is closed off from the campus, though it looks like there's a back entrance from the residential streets in Willowbrook)
On the topic of numbered streets within institutions that don't actually exist: MSN maps show an access road to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, off of Navy Street, as 1st Street. Google maps labels that same street as Perry Ave. No idea which is correct. Street view doesn't show a street sign. There could be as many as 2 Perry Avenues in Brooklyn, since both map programs also show a Perry Ave within Kingsborough Community College. No idea if that is signed or not, and street view doesn't show anything within the college. Presumably both streets (at least the one within the Navy Yard) are named for Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry. Which makes me wonder, was Kingsborough Community College ever a Naval base?

Back to the original topic: 4 boroughs have a Perry Avenue, and Manhattan has a Perry Street. Even if neither Perry Avenue in Brooklyn really exists under that name, there is a Perry Place: a very small street connecting Atlantic Ave to Herkimer Place (itself a very small street), just east of Bedford Avenue. That is definitely signed in street view.

The other Perry Avenues are:

Queens: diagonal from 64th Street to the LIE South Service Road. A stub also seems to exist north of the LIE which is basically a ramp from 68th Street to Borden Avenue (and is signed in street view). That section of Borden Avenue itself is a stub that breaks off from the LIE North Service Road

Bronx: From the Mosholu Parkway Service Road to E. 211 Street.

Staten Island: Exists in 2 sections: One from the Staten Island Expressway South Service Road (Gannon Ave South) to Westwood Avenue. And a longer section between the Staten Island Expressway North Service Road (Gannon Ave North) and Victory Blvd.

And Manhattan has Perry Street in West Village, between West Street and Greenwich Avenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City