Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:04 PM

842 posts, read 4,308,962 times

Advertisements

Lol i'll do ok

Old 09-29-2007, 10:06 PM

1,526 posts, read 5,603,332 times
Just ok? In NYC that's really a shame.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:41 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXGEAR View Post
"The American Dream may mean that you don't get it all, but you try damn hard to make sure you're kids do. I never had kids because, frankly, I'm too selfish. There are a lot of selfish parents out there--and worse. Instant gratification for you means less for you and yours later."

Adopt
Do you beeeleeeeeve it LOVE an the promise than it giiiiives!
I wanna Looooooove you fo liiiife!
Cause your LOVE it why I live!

lol, sorry, Bumpin
Jodeci an got carried away.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:52 PM

Nice vid...hot guys. Good eye candy, good song.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:23 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,798,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StPete2Charlotte View Post
This is so wrong and one of the few posts I have seen you say that I strongly disagree with.
I grew up in Black and Hispanic neighborhoods and aside from the thuggs who wanted to rob me because I was White I never faced half as much discrimination from them as I do from my own where I live now.

Most of my friends are different races from me. We joke all the time about race and differences but its all in good fun.

I think you have boxed yourself in with your one dimensional mind.
Unfortunately the way you were raised, how you were raised and who you have become today is the main reason Racism still exists.

We all are Human, all the same and honestly I DONT like being only around "My Own". Its boring and not interesting.
I also don't hang out with jerks and losers. Race really doesn't matter.
Why are you saying Whites are more racist then Blacks and Latinos. That is false. Both are equally racist. That is self hatred.

What I am saying is, I do not care about diversity. It is not a concern of mine. I also would not want to live in an all White area being what I am (for obvious reasons). The same goes the other way around.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:23 AM

It is you who have hatred of your own people, Hustla. You spend all your time saying how they're all gangbangers and thugs, which is blatantly false.

What are those obvious reasons? I and St Pete are speaking from experience here of being a white minority in a minority hood. You are speaking from the same old worn out stereotyping that comes with good old fashion bigotry and segregationism, and living in a ghetto (partly of your mind). Your children will likely suffer due to your attitude, but you don't care.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:40 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,798,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvira Black View Post
It is you who have hatred of your own people, Hustla. You spend all your time saying how they're all gangbangers and thugs, which is blatantly false.

What are those obvious reasons? I and St Pete are speaking from experience here of being a white minority in a minority hood. You are speaking from the same old worn out stereotyping that comes with good old fashion bigotry and segregationism, and living in a ghetto (partly of your mind). Your children will likely suffer due to your attitude, but you don't care.
Haha, quote me where I said all Latinos and Blacks are criminals. Go ahead.

Don't twist my words. I said in many threads the majority of young (12-30 years of age) Puerto Rican and African American males in low income communities have been arrested in their lifetime. It has nothing to do with the color of someones skin, it has to do with a harsh economic situation combined ghetto culture. That's not stereotyping, that is a sad reality.

As a matter fact I have proof:

Instead I get blamed for disagreeing that Whites are more racist then Blacks/Latinos. It's equal. You have White, Black, and Latino racist. More of those Blacks/Latinos who live in communities of their own are among the most racist. More of those Whites who live in communities of their own are the most racist.

Also if the majority of a group of a certain race/nationality are getting locked up in large amounts, then yes, most individuals in that group are criminals. So if a community of Whites had a high incarceration rate among the youth. Then yes, most of those White youth are criminals. The same way the other way around.

BTW, StPete2Charlotte stated on other threads he lived in a racial/ethnically diverse low income neighborhood in North Carolina. Not a highly segregated NYC ghetto.

Last edited by Hustla718; 09-30-2007 at 05:42 AM..

Old 09-30-2007, 05:03 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustla718 View Post
Haha, quote me where I said all Latinos and Blacks are criminals. Go ahead.

Don't twist my words. I said in many threads the majority of young (12-30 years of age) Puerto Rican and African American males in low income communities have been arrested in their lifetime. It has nothing to do with the color of someones skin, it has to do with a harsh economic situation combined ghetto culture. That's not stereotyping, that is a sad reality.

As a matter fact I have proof:

Instead I get blamed for disagreeing that Whites are more racist then Blacks/Latinos. It's equal. You have White, Black, and Latino racist. More of those Blacks/Latinos who live in communities of their own are among the most racist. More of those Whites who live in communities of their own are the most racist.

Also if the majority of a group of a certain race/nationality are getting locked up in large amounts, then yes, most individuals in that group are criminals. So if a community of Whites had a high incarceration rate among the youth. Then yes, most of those White youth are criminals. The same way the other way around.

Hustla is telling the truth.....Don't lie to yourself and say that you would want your family to be in a neighborhood with the majority being another race .....there is racism in everybody......maybe not deep seeded hatred and maybe you have friends of different races because its a different world than years ago but there are things that just pop up in all peoples minds when they see a group of people from another race ....if you say there's not then you are lying to yourself

Old 09-30-2007, 08:31 AM

201 posts, read 1,282,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Hustla is telling the truth.....Don't lie to yourself and say that you would want your family to be in a neighborhood with the majority being another race .....there is racism in everybody......maybe not deep seeded hatred and maybe you have friends of different races because its a different world than years ago but there are things that just pop up in all peoples minds when they see a group of people from another race ....if you say there's not then you are lying to yourself
No, I'm not.
There are gangs of Whiteboys who want nothing but trouble near where I live and I look at them the same way I look at large groups of Blacks dressed in hoodies. If you look at people as statistics you are not looking at people as what they really are... People. Everyone is different and no Black Person is just like the next one so if you think about statistics when you are being threatened you are going to lose the battle.
I can just see you calculating incarceration and murder rates when a gang of Whiteboy E-99's attack you and than your just laying on the ground in your own puddle of blood shocked that the incarceration rate is so low, so you think were gonna be ok.
Me.... Ive already ran 3 blocks, cutted thru some woods an jumped a fence.

Than I can see you being lost in the hood and a Black dude pulls up next to you also lost and wants to know how to get out and you freak out because he's black hahah...

Yes, I know that not alot of White dudes get incarcerated and I know ALOT of Black dudes do.
However, I am much more suspicious of a White dude with 30 tatoos on sitting in park in a dark parking lot than I am of a group of preppy looking Black Teenagers.
Maybe you think about Statistics and I tend to think logically.
Sure, I sure as hell don't trust a black dude wearing a black tee and red bandanna hanging out at 1 AM, especially If Its in the hood.
However, if you are not wary of a White dude if he was doing the same thing you are simply just stupid.
Blacks and Latinos are not the only race that kills/rapes/robs people. There just happens to be alot of it going around. But what does that have to do with me? None of my current Black Latino friends/aquientences have ever raped or killed anyone, and if they have robbed someone I can't blame them cause Ive robbed people by the truckloads.

The only time I can say I am racist is MAYBE against Chinese People, and thats because at the store I work at all the ones that come in are extremely demanding and can't speak English, which makes them very difficult to work with.

Also Hustla if you don't want your words twisted don't twist mine. I never said I have self hate, and I don't. I was just telling the truth (Maybe that is too much for you to handle)

Last edited by StPete2Charlotte; 09-30-2007 at 08:42 AM..

Old 09-30-2007, 11:45 AM

274 posts, read 320,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Please speak for yourself.

Unlike you, I don't think and analyze every time I see a group of another race doing anything just because of their color. I'm not obsessed with race nor do I care. I may stare at a white guy and things may pop into my mind but that doesn't make me a self-hater. It's human nature to judge EVERYBODY, not just people of different colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City