Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:29 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
I don't get fireworks in a city anyways. You want to do that stuff, head to the burbs or the country. At least cut it off at 10 or 11pm when all the other firework shows are done.

But ghetto trash are very self centered. They grow up being taught that they are the most important and if someone says anything to you, respond back with anger. They don't have respect for anyone (but they are always talking about being disrespected). It's quite sad!
Fire works and fire crackers are banned for purchase in nyc. The only way to get them is to travel to Pa or CT and buy them by the bulk and sell them illegally on the streets. Sorry you guys cant differentiate gun shots from fire crackers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 01:46 PM

I really don't have anything against fire crackers because as a native New Yorker fire crackers were part of my childhood memories until Giuliani banned fire crackers for good. I have very fond memories lighting fire crackers in bottle, trashcans, pipes etc. Some good times that I really miss. Fire crackers is not a ghetto thing because I'm sure back in WASPY suburbia you Transplants come from environments that blow stuff up till kingdom come. I remember my whole entire street back in the day used to be filled with fire cracker shreds like if some parade came through but those days are long gone. Any way it serves you guys right for paying to much money for living in the hood and constantly complain about quality life issues like undesireables blowing firecrackers. If I was you transplants of the new civilized newtopia of the city of Ny, you guys should make a firecrackers app for iphone, ipad or itouch so youths can play and blow stuff up without getting hurt and improving quality of life aswell.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:51 PM

115 posts, read 306,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Ugh, fireworks until well after 2AM in Country Club in the Bronx last night. My poor dogs are terrified and spent nearly 20 hours (they start blowing them off way too early) shaking and barking. My little guy even got so scared he vomited. Of course, cops nowhere to be seen, call to the precinct of no use.
That's because the cops in Country Club were busy frisking people who had NO fireworks. This actually happened to relative of mine last night. Apparently him standing in the street, watching other fireworks from a distance deemed him "suspicious." The cops even made fun of the brand of cigarettes he was carrying (Parliament 100s), saying his "grandmother smoked those." How professional of them. Of course, nothing was found and he was free to go.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:22 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
, you guys should make a firecrackers app for iphone, ipad or itouch so youths can play and blow stuff up without getting hurt and improving quality of life aswell.
Now that's a good idea!
They made an app for Vuvuzelas (those annoying things they blow in South Africa during soccer matches)
and people would play them everywhere.

Now, imagine hood kids blasting fire crackers, in the subway, park, supermarket, scaring old people in ramdom places? It would be fun to see.

I can also see some stereo-typical hood guy hooking it up to his sub-woofer and blasting it over a 20 block radius.
yeaahhh

Old 07-05-2012, 02:23 PM

338 posts, read 677,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
complaining about fireworks?
who does that?
smh..
Setting off fireworks at 2:30 am so that the whole block is woken up?
Who does that?

Oh, right--selfish *ssh*les who don't work and don't give a crap about those who do.

smd... (that's So Much Disgust)

Sooner or later enough decent people will move into the neighborhoo and shame the police into arresting all these losers. Can't wait until the riff raff is driven out. I realize I sound like hilltopjay right now (with whom I often disagree) but I have no problem whatsoever with gentrification if it means decent people can get a good night's sleep. Fireworks are fine until 11 or so but 2:30 (around the last time I remember hearing them) is ridiculous--and you all know it. Come on, do YOU really want to be woken up with a huge bang in the middle of the night? Of course not.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:28 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,930,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee1995 View Post
Setting off fireworks at 2:30 am so that the whole block is woken up?
Who does that?

Oh, right--selfish *ssh*les who don't work and don't give a crap about those who do.

smd... (that's So Much Disgust)

Sooner or later enough decent people will move into the neighborhoo and shame the police into arresting all these losers. Can't wait until the riff raff is driven out. I realize I sound like hilltopjay right now (with whom I often disagree) but I have no problem whatsoever with gentrification if it means decent people can get a good night's sleep. Fireworks are fine until 11 or so but 2:30 (around the last time I remember hearing them) is ridiculous--and you all know it. Come on, do YOU really want to be woken up with a huge bang in the middle of the night? Of course not.
I agree.
Yet the question remains. The "riff-raff," as you rightly termed them, will be driven ... where ?
That's the thing.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:39 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
i don't even have time to waste my life
away being angry at ghetto hood rats.
there's nothing you can do about them.
besides, most of them have a worse
existence than you can imagine anyway.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:53 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
A bunch of white yuppies sitting on a stoop in Park Slope is far different then a bunch of hood black kids sitting on a stoop. Hood black kids try to look menacing and start problems more then yuppie white kids. It's not some conspiracy against black kids.
So very true!!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
i don't even have time to waste my life
away being angry at ghetto hood rats.
there's nothing you can do about them.
besides, most of them have a worse
existence than you can imagine anyway.
I agree, gentrifyers should have other worry about things such as paying off your college tuition debt. Worrying about some shump blowing up firecracks.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:29 PM

213 posts, read 508,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
One thing to consider is that most of these hoods don't have to get up early to work the next day, so they can 'afford' to be late at night blasting music and fireworks.
In my neck of the woods, most fireworks ended around 11pm.
THIS right here is most people's sticking point. They really don't give a damn about those who have to work the next day, be it the local residents worth a damn or the transplants/gentrifiers/etc. These bastards probably slept like babies throughout the morning and early afternoon while many bleary-eyed folks (myself included) went to work cursing their existence.

For the record, I'm Dominican, and I'm utterly disgusted by my "own people" on this block.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City