Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 06:53 AM

431 posts, read 659,586 times

Advertisements

I went to a private club in the Meat Packing district and paid $20 for a shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
One of my biggest night life regrets was not going to the Roxy closing party..I have no clue what the hell I was thinking. It seem the Roxy was always closing down and there was rumors of it always going to open somewhere else. That name came, I was lazy, that night left...and I regret it so much now.

OMG, I was there, it was so much fun !!!

We wiggled till we couldn't wiggle no more. Seriously, we didn't want to go home, because we knew that was the end. *** a tear forms....****

Sorry you didn't make it, it was fun.

They made it sound like as soon as the party was over, the wrecking ball was coming and leveling the building, hence it is still standing......

all these years someone could have been making money, but to leave it just dormant like this is silly.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:33 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa1974 View Post

that is a crime.

it really is terrible the prices on these drinks.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:24 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesa1974 View Post
Meat packing district as well as chelsea are the most expensive areas to party in the city.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
I wanna go to an eyes wide shut masquerade party. I have my venetian mask in my closet.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm267 View Post
I'm quite satisfied with the nightlife. But I understand that my take is subjective. To me, the only time I say the nightlife sucks is when I'm not getting laid.
Haha, thats a great point. I live in the SF bay area, and its really hit or miss out here with club and nightlife scene. Overall SF nightlife is MEDIOCRE as well. Too many bland transplants, and f***** up attitudes in the Bay. On the other hand the Salsa and latin clubs are usually always mad fun.. Im sure NYC still got that vibe, with all the Dominican clubs Uptown.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
One of my biggest night life regrets was not going to the Roxy closing party..I have no clue what the hell I was thinking. It seem the Roxy was always closing down and there was rumors of it always going to open somewhere else. That name came, I was lazy, that night left...and I regret it so much now.

When did the Roxy close and what is it now?

Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM

555 posts, read 1,183,702 times
March of 2007 and it is now an empty building taking up space rumored to become luxury condos.

There have been several rumors through the year of it reopening but the owner said not with NYC current laws, rental rates and headache to get something that big going.

A great documentary to watch is Roxy: The Last Dance. They basically begged con ed and at the last minute got power to put on that last night.

Nightcrawler, was Madonna there for the closing party? I dont remember if that was true or not.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
March of 2007 and it is now an empty building taking up space rumored to become luxury condos.

There have been several rumors through the year of it reopening but the owner said not with NYC current laws, rental rates and headache to get something that big going.

A great documentary to watch is Roxy: The Last Dance. They basically begged con ed and at the last minute got power to put on that last night.

Nightcrawler, was Madonna there for the closing party? I dont remember if that was true or not.

Such a shame...because that place was so much fun and HUGE!!! I do recall Madonna being there for the closing party.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
NYC is about hard cold cash. if you dont have any they dont care bout your ethic status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City