U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:29 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,011,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
I already commute from Forest Hills to Midtown east, ... 14th and 3rd ... is an extra 10-15 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
I would prefer NOT to have to take unemployment but alas, here we are. ... forcing me to go to a branch that I said is too far away. ... I have tried to get a transfer to a branch closer to me, but to no avail.
Why is the only option unemployment? Have you applied for jobs at different banks closer to your home?
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&output...iw=911&bih=399

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com....&ved=0CMIBEMgT

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...&ved=0CNIBEMgT

Last edited by bigjake54; 07-19-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 PM

2,244 posts, read 2,397,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Some of us get it, skilldeadly.
Your job has little by little become obnoxious, like a Chinese water torture drop by drop...it has happened to lots of us. Finally enough is enough. You want to get OUT of the job but you don't want penury while you search for another job in this awful market that can often take a year or more to find another job.

So you NEED Unemployment Compensation.

You just have to walk that fine line that will get you out of the job without seeming to look too much like you quit.

It will take some careful, cagey planning. It is not impssible but requires care. It is conceivable that you could find a judge to rule in your favor by explaining your predicament and onerous job requirements but the odds are not on your side so you will have to flesh out your case to show that you did NOT quit without cause.

I would NOT talk to my employer about it, no matter HOW good the terms you are on. What you will be telling him is that you want him to collude in a criminal act and this can be presented to a judge when and if you leave and screw any hopes of your getting UI. DON'T DO IT...keep it YOUR secret.

I'm not sure if he actually needs UI as he stated his wife wants him to stay home. Clearly the loss of his income isn't much going to hurt the family bottom line if this is an option.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:35 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,045,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
I'm not sure if he actually needs UI as he stated his wife wants him to stay home. Clearly the loss of his income isn't much going to hurt the family bottom line if this is an option.
It's not NEEDED per se, but I do have credit card debt so that would help. Plus I could contribute to take the burden solely off her.

Yet again, it's not desirable, I just want to find a place to work that's willing to work with me. The thing as well is it's hard to interview for another job when you have a job that works 8-5 or 930 to 630. To get this job I had to find an hour in the morning to rush there then to my job. Not all companies care that you have another job, they want you to come in and interview when they are there.

I wouldn't mind switching banks, but it's a whole process of starting over again. I talked to the manager at the branch I'm going Tuesday and they didn't seem willing to let me go home 15 mins early every now and again. That said it's better for me to work closing because there is more business. But that's not what's important, what's important is that I want to know I can request to leave at 4:45 to make sure I am home for my GF. If they can't do that, they are putting me in a bad position.

It's more just annoying because I would work open to close on a whim because they failed to bring any management in or anyone to help us. After I told them I can't do every day open to close they got testy and put me in another branch (a couple blocks away) so another associate would do 8-630 everyday and had to stay on site for lunch if customers needed a banker. 3 months with no manager and constant lies that they would be getting it fixed. But now that I request to have a place that doesnt require almost an hour travel and doesn't work with my schedule.

Ultimately, I will have to leave whether the UI route or finding a position elsewhere. But with the end of our lease and still trying to find a place to live by end of August, it's just a lot at once.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,478,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wharlem120s View Post
Is it because you can not afford them or Moderator cut: Imagery is not PG...lol
Dude you really need a chill pill..haha. I bet the last one who let you get close to her you got all angry and she had to run out screaming in fear of her life..haha

Go ahead write a long as* response if you want, maybe I will read it maybe I wont, but damn you get to "heated" over some things...smile
Response?

I usually don't respond to people who have no capability at discourse. You continue to prove that you do not. Btw, did you get your feelings hurt or something, I missed that....

Let me know the moment you have ANYTHING of substance to present. To date there has been nothing.

Jcoltrane...over and out!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:24 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,899,203 times
coltrane enjoys being the board douche bag.

the odd thing is wasting so much time on so long a message about so minor an issue.

tell the guy not to quit because the downside of that is very large and try to show up earlier and move on. jesus - no one even read that treatise after seeing it was jackass-amped.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:42 AM

24,720 posts, read 34,696,337 times
Never forget the board's IGNORE function. Sometimes it is invaluable.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,899,203 times
I see the problem- public job where the hours really cannot be changed.

Maybe you can hire a babysitter (one that can do all the infant CPR) for 2 hrs per day. It's the right hours of the day for a person of that ilk to take the work.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 AM

2,895 posts, read 5,698,216 times
The guy not only is usurping a great musician's name, but he's also giving it a bad image by being most of the time a confrontational douche
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: