Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 07:20 PM

292 posts, read 698,655 times

Advertisements

Any updates with this position and where are they up to on the list? Are there any more jobs left or did it get filled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,420 times
I just got canvassed for the scoa title but have not gotten an interview yet.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 6,420 times
has anyone been canvassed for the senior court office assistance title at the mental hygiene legal service? it's an agency of the appellate division apparently and not in a courthouse. i just thought it was odd.

Old 03-22-2016, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,895 times
Does anyone know who I need to call to change my location preferences?

Old 03-25-2016, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,873 times
Lisa400

On two occasions I have sent an email to [email]asm@nycourts.gov[/email] and both times I have received a confirmation email that the changes have been made.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:40 PM

12 posts, read 31,646 times
Default Questions to ask at interview

What questions do you normally ask?

Has anybody here been offered a job?

I've been canvassed at least 10 times and gone on 4 interviews and no offer yet.

Any suggestions??

Old 12-07-2016, 03:47 AM

109 posts, read 194,571 times
Hi. Does anyone know what this job actually entails??? I've tried to search online, and I can't tell if it's a peace officer job or a clerical office job. Are you on your feet all day? Is there mandatory overtime? Any insights? Thanks

Old 01-04-2017, 08:23 PM

189 posts, read 286,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexAveExp5 View Post
Hi. Does anyone know what this job actually entails??? I've tried to search online, and I can't tell if it's a peace officer job or a clerical office job. Are you on your feet all day? Is there mandatory overtime? Any insights? Thanks

Court Assistant ad for test gives some info but not much, see link: https://www.nycourts.gov/careers/exams/45-762.pdf

Old 02-18-2017, 08:24 AM

292 posts, read 698,655 times
Jonslingerr and everyone, I just received a canvas letter for the Mental Hygiene legal service unit. So...I guess I am debating. I am at a job that is paying a bit (I actually work the state so fortunately my retirement most likely should transfer over) but my boss is a douche and I have been applying to still get into my field and I just don't want to take this job if I know I will get hired elsewhere with even a better salary. I have been applying aggressivly so I don't know what to do. But the perks are attractive, 20 vacation days which is 4 weeks of vacay along with 12 holidays I mean...I don't know....Decisions, decisions...I will have to truly think about it. But this isn't a job offer anyway and some folks have been going on interviews with no avail. So maybe I will just say I'm interested and see what happens then.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:57 PM

100 posts, read 173,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexAveExp5 View Post
It really depends on which court you are assigned to. It is a peace officer status job (you get a badge/shield) but you will most likely do clerical office work at a counter or window or information desk. (Maybe in the court room too but very unlikely because that is usually performed by a court clerk) I know in housing court you might be sent out as a resource assistant which means you make inspections and write up reports. I've only worked in civil court so I cannot speak for family, surrogates or criminal courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City