Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times

Advertisements

^^^ Agreed! I DO hope that this question gets raised the next time a gun bill gets attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 02:38 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Sorry!

Banning guns does not work.

Bombs are banned yet they are still being used by psycho's.

Bloomberg needs to rethink his all out push for control.
Here we go again.
It's working in Australia and Japan.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:54 AM

^^^^ If its working then there would be NO shootings in those places...right?

Old 07-27-2012, 04:00 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
who cares what statistics show or what anyone else thinks should be.

when it comes to my own personal protection plan i want a plan that fits me .

couldnt care less if anyone chooses to arm themselves or not. if they have no personal protection plan thats their problem .

i have fire insurance on my home even though i stand a better chance of getting hit by lightening than my home catching fire.

i would want a personal protection plan in place for the same reason, just in case.

we protect every aspect of our lives with insurance or planning except for the most important one ,the well being of ourselves.

we have fire insurance even though we expect the fire dept to arrive ,dont we? yet few in this city have a personal protection plan even though we expect the police to arrive.

good luck waiting!

Old 07-27-2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^^ If its working then there would be NO shootings in those places...right?
What don't you compare Australia's crime/homicide/murder rate with Nevada's one?
PolitiFact Florida | Nevada is No. 1 in unemployment, divorce and violent crime, Florida chamber claims
Congratulations!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:05 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
and this from the liberal BBC....

BBC News | UK | Handgun crime 'up' despite ban

Make all the laws you want...

Old 07-27-2012, 05:20 AM

Ha! Trying to compare one place to another is absurd...the fact is that when considering more laws, you must look at a place BEFORE implimenting the law and then the laws effect.
For instance, have the gun laws in places that have them prevented guns from being used in crime? No...they have not.

No amount of regulation or observation will prevent crime....if it COULD, a maximum security prison would be the safest place to be wouldn't it?

...but they're not are they? Why? Because they're full of.....CRIMINALS!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Ha! Trying to compare one place to another is absurd...the fact is that when considering more laws, you must look at a place BEFORE implimenting the law and then the laws effect.
For instance, have the gun laws in places that have them prevented guns from being used in crime? No...they have not.
Ok, let's have a look at the murder rate of Australia, Canada, Western Europe, UK and Japan.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It seems to me that western countries with strict gun laws aren't exactly war zones... Why don't you compare their murder rates to the SunBelt states' ones?
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/murd...ally-and-state

Last edited by italianuser; 07-27-2012 at 06:24 AM..

Old 07-27-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
and this from the liberal BBC....

BBC News | UK | Handgun crime 'up' despite ban

Make all the laws you want...
...that have actually made UK a low-crime country
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You don't know what you're talking about.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 AM

ARE there still shootings in those countries?

Unless you can say No, not at all then they laws are ineffective, I'll take my chances and provide my own protection thank you!

You are free to go feel safe there though. Just don't inflict your fearful laws on me....especially when history shows they don't stop this sort of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City