Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM

681 posts, read 1,671,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sometimes that is the most important factor, I wouldn't of been able to move here without my fiancee agreeing to it first.

regardless of being polar opposite in views, I think it is important to be around people you agree with because it makes life easier, with less arguing, and it is also important to remember even polar opposites can work together because we are all human and we all live on the same planet and share a closed ecosystem, it is all about figuring out where there is a middle for everyone to agree with in some way. The real problems come when one side refuses to work with the other to solve problems (not differences.)
Good points I agree with you.....

and for some of the above reasons, I avoid talking "politics or religion" at the office especially when I'm outnumbered, especially here in NYC (for at least until we have worked together for a few months)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 09:31 PM

458 posts, read 616,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Probably jester loves amazing, gorgeous, exciting cities such as Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Jacksonville, Birmingham, Dallas, Phoenix, etc etc
[I responded to this already, but...]

By the way, those are actually some of the fastest growing and most economically successful cities in the country right now. For example, Tulsa is one of "America's Most Livable Cities," Dallas is rated as economically important as New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, and Seattle, and Birmingham is consistently rated as one of America's best places to work and earn a living. I won't defend Phoenix, though, because it was hit really hard by the recession.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:31 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,593,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester2138 View Post
[I responded to this already, but...]

By the way, those are actually some of the fastest growing and most economically successful cities in the country right now. For example, Tulsa is one of "America's Most Livable Cities," Dallas is rated as economically important as New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, and Seattle, and Birmingham is consistently rated as one of America's best places to work and earn a living. I won't defend Phoenix, though, because it was hit really hard by the recession.
Tulsa is ultra-boring.
Dallas is just sprawl.
Birmingham sucks.
Period

Old 07-28-2012, 11:21 AM

458 posts, read 616,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Tulsa is ultra-boring.
Dallas is just sprawl.
Birmingham sucks.
Period
San Francisco is revoltingly vapid, pretentious, and elitist.
New York City is obnoxious, arrogant, dirty, and overcrowded
Never been to Boston, but it probably sucks too.

We can throw around meaningless insults all day!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:

lol.... I'm enjoying the laughs. Thanks!

Old 07-28-2012, 08:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:

wait, these are insulting qualities? just figured they were descriptive terms for these cities.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:23 PM

640 posts, read 717,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, but one requires more loading time and the other option allows the person to keep shooting, which situation sounds better? Regardless, I see zero need for large magazine clips. Seriously, explain to me the point of them.
Just to point out a fact, the shooter's semi-auto rifle with the drum jammed. He did the majority of damage with weapons that would not have been in any way effected by a cosmetic ban on "assault weapons" or associated periphenalia.

With 270,000,000 handguns, rifles and shotguns already in the country aren't we a little late trying to put the genie back in the bottle?

Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Meh, the whole anti gun crowd is just following their assigned talking points...they don't even understand guns except to know that they're scared of them and want them to not exist...funny thing is though, they are the people who benefit the most from law abiding citizens the most...they are the clueless victims among us...victims of everything...they NEED government to watch over them and protect them from everything.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:50 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
Someone who wants to save the world, or at least New York City, from the epic disaster of 20 oz soft drinks certainly is the right person to persuade sensible Americans to give up their guns. Hey , and that idea of having police go on a nationwide strike until people support more gun control. Brilliant!
This man really knows how to speak to people in the heartland.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
Just to point out a fact, the shooter's semi-auto rifle with the drum jammed. He did the majority of damage with weapons that would not have been in any way effected by a cosmetic ban on "assault weapons" or associated periphenalia.

With 270,000,000 handguns, rifles and shotguns already in the country aren't we a little late trying to put the genie back in the bottle?
agreed. The jam most likely happened due to: 1) a defective round in the chamber of the rifle or 2) He probably didn't properly lube or do a thorough mechanical function test of the rifle right after taking it out of the box. Either way there are several variables contributing to its jam. He could have easily cleared the jam and kept firing if he knew what he was doing.

I also highly doubt a mass confiscation of the 270+ million privately owned firearms across the USA will go well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City