Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 AM

455 posts, read 649,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No it isn't. An AR-15 is semi-automatic, an assault rifle is full automatic, Dude.
Fine. Call it what you want, unfortunately it did an effective job at carrying out an "assault" on a bunch of innocent civilians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,083,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Urban...here's your problem: You think because someone is against MORE laws then they are automatically against ALL laws! That is simply....well arrogant, ignorant, naive, childish and silly!

Most people are FOR reasonable laws that, when enforced will make a difference, NOT frivolous laws that won't.
have fun with yourself I consider this matter closed from my end!
All I am saying is where I consider my line for laws are are different than yours, so by my standards, yes you do want less laws because where I want to see it sits much higher than yours because I would like it to check everyone and limit the availability of much more dangerous guns and ammunition clips. You just don't have any real solution other than more guns in people's hands which means easier ways to obtain guns which means less laws or laws that make it easier to acquires guns. That is the opposite of what I want.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,083,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No it isn't. An AR-15 is semi-automatic, an assault rifle is full automatic, Dude.
Outside of your gun club, that is considered an assault weapon.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM

458 posts, read 614,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
As for your solution, it sounds like you are saying you want more people to be armed, which for that to happen would mean you want it to be easier for people to get weapons and CCW permits?
No, it just means more people should get CCW permits... by their own volition. He's said OVER AND OVER AGAIN that he doesn't want any change in the laws. How is this so hard to understand?

Quote:
Carry more bullets, shoot more people, less times to reload to do more damage. There is a reason why our military uses high capacity clips too.
The military does not use high capacity clips because they're NOT good at killing more people. They jam, they're heavy, they get in your way... Far better to just practice reloading a few times and be able to reload smaller magazines more quickly.

You seem to forget that the shooters terrifying drum magazine jammed, rendering the entire gun useless since he didn't have any other magazines...

Quote:
Oh my fault, you want more guns and easier access to guns cause that will solve all our problems....sometimes more and easier isn't the best idea.
Dude, seriously, read his posts. He doesn't want easier access. And sometimes fewer and harder isn't the best idea either.

Quote:
And you still haven't answered my question of what is your limit of what should be available to people
Yes he did. SERIOUSLY. READ OUR POSTS.

Quote:
What's the point of making anything illegal if that is how you wish to look at things...
Because laws make big differences in some areas, less in others. This is one in which laws have been proven to not make much of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Dude, he has an AR15 weapon. That weapon is considered an assault weapon.
Wrong.

Quote:
Outside of your gun club, that is considered an assault weapon.
Only because they don't know what an assault weapon is...

Quote:
You just don't have any real solution other than more guns in people's hands which means easier ways to obtain guns which means less laws or laws that make it easier to acquires guns.
Holy crapola. This is getting pointless. You're not paying us any attention at all are you?

WE
DID
NOT
ADVOCATE
FEWER
LAWS

It seems you have no real solution other than taking guns out of law-abiding citizens' hands.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:12 PM

484 posts, read 852,651 times
Bloomberg is anti everything. He reminds me of a kid that was bullied in school and who became a rich man with a childish attitude and now takes his past out on everyone else.

I just heard on the news that if you are a female an carrying condoms in nyc you can be accused of being a prostitute.

So what next if you have a lic or permit to carry a gun does this mean you are going to kill someone?

Lets hope the next NYC Mayor brings back the FUN NYC.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,467,301 times
It might help to know WHAT you're talking about before insisting you have the answers!

Tell me, which of these, if any should be legal or illegal:

Please list the number and answer for each...

Last edited by Cyborgt800; 08-01-2012 at 01:26 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 01:25 PM

458 posts, read 614,700 times
And let us know if you think they're already legal or illegal.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:37 PM

106,190 posts, read 108,168,628 times
except for the ruger 10/22 on top if left as semi auto they are all not legal for cosmetic reasons in nyc. whether they are semi auto or full auto does not matter in nyc as they are scarey and can't be registered.

the 10-22t on top can be converted to full auto but its not legal if you do it.

the rest of the country you could own them as long as they arent full auto. then you need a special permit if they are.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:40 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,467,301 times
Well then is something shouldn't be legal due to being scary looking....how do you explain Janet Reno?

Plus, who cares about NYC? We're talking America here!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM

106,190 posts, read 108,168,628 times
its a joke they are banned for being scarey looking here in the city. as long as not full auto no problem owning them in long island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City