Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:37 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,011 times

Advertisements

Unless you were given a written list of your job duties when you were hired you have no case. My husband did a non-union door man job during summers when he was in college. He had to do pretty much whatever the super asked him too. Your were insubordinate to your supervisor and don't have a leg to stand on. Hope you can get unemployment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 AM

801 posts, read 1,105,372 times
I'm moving on. But I'm suppost to let that go ? Like nothing happend?? I lost my apartment due to this job.!! Understand this the super manipulates the board and the board instead of investigate the situation goes by him.i start getting unploymemt benefits.this is why sometimes people hates the city to much!! Employers get to do their dirty job and fired you !!! Wheres our rights???

Old 07-27-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Was the super dominican or Albanian?
Puertorrican !! My friend!!! But the ones that are raise in the state not in the island

Old 07-27-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Unless you were given a written list of your job duties when you were hired you have no case. My husband did a non-union door man job during summers when he was in college. He had to do pretty much whatever the super asked him too. Your were insubordinate to your supervisor and don't have a leg to stand on. Hope you can get unemployment.
What that means?

Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 AM

I do have the rules and regulations . And describes my duties .

Old 07-27-2012, 08:17 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblue78 View Post
I'm moving on. But I'm suppost to let that go ? Like nothing happend?? I lost my apartment due to this job.!! Understand this the super manipulates the board and the board instead of investigate the situation goes by him.i start getting unploymemt benefits.this is why sometimes people hates the city to much!! Employers get to do their dirty job and fired you !!! Wheres our rights???
Next time find a union job where the employer can't treat you like this, there is a reason why unions exist and you are a prime example for them and the good they do.

Your rights were sold in the name of being "business friendly." Your best bet are to live in states that are worker friendly, unions, or be very choosey who you would for because a "right to work" state, it is also your choice who would and wouldn't work for.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:32 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Yo hotblue I'm in thr same boat as you. Well not yet but even I'm in the process of being unemployed due to my employer finding out that I wanna leave. I have been trying to find another job for a while now but no luck. I'm in the same situation as you in a non union doorman building and I'm trying the best suitable exit. I have been on interviews and employers contacted my job for inquirers, my boss was devestated. I don't wanna loose my job but at the samrtime I need a new job and in this city its a hard fight to get one. Hold your head up hotblue.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:37 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Next time find a union job where the employer can't treat you like this, there is a reason why unions exist and you are a prime example for them and the good they do.

Your rights were sold in the name of being "business friendly." Your best bet are to live in states that are worker friendly, unions, or be very choosey who you would for because a "right to work" state, it is also your choice who would and wouldn't work for.
New York is not a right to work state.

File:Right to work.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Below is a wiki link displaying which States are right to work friendly.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
New York is not a right to work state.

File:Right to work.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Below is a wiki link displaying which States are right to work friendly.
Sorry, I didn't mean that New York was a right to work state, I was simply referring to the comment that there was little he could do. I know which states are right to work and will never live in one again.

Fun fact about that map is how many of those states are Republican and how many of them are screwing over their working poor...seems like Republicans know how to take care of people...the rich people I mean, and the rest are just willing to go along with whatever they tell them.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:02 AM

I appreciate that. This is what I can't stand!! I get of welfare , find a full time job, get to affordable housing, loose my job , loose my apartment and I can't defend myself !!! What's wrong with this state ? I bet if I was selling drugs and guns they will get my atention! But for helping people with job issues they don't care!! And I'm not trying to go back to welfare at all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City