U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 11:41 AM

842 posts, read 4,157,836 times

Advertisements

In the subway, girls only stare but no one actually strikes up conversation. At bars and lounges, that's another story. Girls are yapping their heads off!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 11:51 AM

9,855 posts, read 23,891,437 times
Yeah those drunken train rides at 3:00 in the A.M. are usually the only time random strangers talk to each other on the train. The thing is people don't remember it happening, so its almost like it didn't happen.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:04 PM

643 posts, read 1,890,286 times
i've talked to girls on the subway, the last time was a few months ago on the V train, she asked for directions we got to talking about work and where we're from etc. but i saw the pack of cigarettes in her bag and it turned me off although she was really cute.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:19 AM

842 posts, read 4,157,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1979 View Post
i've talked to girls on the subway, the last time was a few months ago on the V train, she asked for directions we got to talking about work and where we're from etc. but i saw the pack of cigarettes in her bag and it turned me off although she was really cute.
Today, my friend told me about a missed opportunity. He was on the train coming downtown when he made eye contact with an attractive female. She gave him a SHY smile. They both got off the SAME stop and she PURPOSELY walked slow so that he could catch up from behind to talk to her. Well, he told me he "froze" up and didn't know what to say to her. HAHAHA funny story. What are some good pick up lines? You know, without being corny. I suggested saying something like, "Hey, where you going? I'll walk you". Something like that. Or "Hi, can I talk to you? I want to get to know you" LOL meeting girls is funny

Old 10-06-2007, 12:23 AM

643 posts, read 1,890,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXGEAR View Post
Today, my friend told me about a missed opportunity. He was on the train coming downtown when he made eye contact with an attractive female. She gave him a SHY smile. They both got off the SAME stop and she PURPOSELY walked slow so that he could catch up from behind to talk to her. Well, he told me he "froze" up and didn't know what to say to her. HAHAHA funny story. What are some good pick up lines? You know, without being corny. I suggested saying something like, "Hey, where you going? I'll walk you". Something like that. Or "Hi, can I talk to you? I want to get to know you" LOL meeting girls is funny

I've considered when i see a cute girl with an IPOD asking her what she's listening to. the downside if she says something i don't know, i'd have to fake it and pretend like i know..

I think the odds are better on an express bus, although i don't have any firsthand experience there.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:20 AM

4 posts, read 6,206 times
This is an interesting post... I've met someone on the subway and exchangd numbers. She approached me and inquired more information about what I was reading and it sparked a convo. I guess the headline caught her eye (and me)*smiles* ...I' appreciate women like that it's very attractive. It was a bold and unusual move. Some men dont approach women because some women in NYC are always onguard and tend to reject you ..lol... When linked up and hung out but it didnt work out. We are still keep intouch from time to time. Overall, it is a good opportunity to meet people in general but I advise you to be careful.
" if someone shows you who they are... believe them" ~Maya Angelou~

Old 10-06-2007, 01:23 AM

4 posts, read 6,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1979 View Post
I understand where your coming from lhf. I could not imagine myself dating a smoker and lets be honest its a TURN OFF!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: