Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:40 AM

455 posts, read 652,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
you can think that. i don't really care,
but my comment still stands. it's
a caca idea.
marriage itself is a caca idea. (straight, gay, bi, tranny etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 09:51 AM

458 posts, read 616,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
It's kind of sad that you don't see what the fuss is all about, but I have come to expect very little from Americans.
You want the government to be able to censor companies and individuals on the basis of their political and religious persuasions? Well, I can point you to several other countries where that's considered OK. But not here, not in the US of A.

So, NO, I don't see why people care about Chick-fil-A's politics. Boycott it on your own - great, have fun! - but leave the government and me out of it. You can just emigrate out of here. Frankly, I'm glad Americans are overwhelmingly supporting Chick-fil-A's right to think what they want without fear of censorship!

For the record, and before you stereotype me, I'm all in favor of marriage equality.

Last edited by Jester2138; 08-02-2012 at 10:01 AM..

Old 08-02-2012, 09:51 AM

1,494 posts, read 2,724,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
marriage itself is a caca idea. (straight, gay, bi, tranny etc.)
For such a lousy idea, it's working out swimmingly for me. I did at one time swear to myself I'd never get married.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:55 AM

555 posts, read 1,184,992 times
For half the country its great......And the other 50%????? WELLLLL....yeah..hmmm

Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,391,733 times
I am in agreement that Chik-fil-a has the right to voice their opinions and money on everything...I support that right and I wish more companies revealed all the things they support! However, the only way for me to support their right to say/donate to causes they like, is for me to protest and not support their business.

So there isn't much more to say about that. They are free to do what they want, and the public is free to take their business elsewhere...and life goes on. Nobody is censuring anyone, they are just holding them accountable for their stand...so what's the big deal? It's all about freedom remember?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
For half the country its great......And the other 50%????? WELLLLL....yeah..hmmm
Whaaa? I love dogs. Does that mean cats are up ****'s creek?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 AM

458 posts, read 616,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonost View Post
I don't see what all the fuss is about. They don't discriminate in their hiring process, the CEO is entitled to personal opinion just like the rest of us are.
Quote:
It's kind of sad that you don't see what the fuss is all about, but I have come to expect very little from Americans.
Later...

Quote:
They are free to do what they want... so what's the big deal? It's all about freedom remember?
I don't understand you, SobroGuy...

Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,639,520 times
It shows how far our educational system has fallen, that Chick-Fil-A is in the news because of a comment made by the chairman...but not because the very name of the company teaches children that it doesn't matter if they can't spell.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I am in agreement that Chik-fil-a has the right to voice their opinions and money on everything...I support that right and I wish more companies revealed all the things they support! However, the only way for me to support their right to say/donate to causes they like, is for me to protest and not support their business.

So there isn't much more to say about that. They are free to do what they want, and the public is free to take their business elsewhere...and life goes on. Nobody is censuring anyone, they are just holding them accountable for their stand...so what's the big deal? It's all about freedom remember?
"holding them accountable for their stand" is a nice way of saying that you feel CFA should be punished in some way. There is no "accountability" for any stand as long as it's legal to have an opinion in the first place.

If you're all about supporting freedom, why is your ire pointed at Chik-Fli-A when politicians are trying to ban them from doing business solely because they support traditional christian values? You should be pissed about those politicians trying to **** all over people's constitutional rights if it's all about freedom. Are you pissed? Or do you think what's happening is OK because you disagree with C-F-A's opinions and only feel constitutional rights should be protected for people with whom you agree with?

Old 08-02-2012, 11:29 AM

18,484 posts, read 31,688,256 times
I wonder how this Chick-fill-A thing would have gone over if, say, maybe they substituted the word "gay" for "black"....or maybe "Chinese"....see where i am going with this.

As a GWM, I couldn't give a rats ass about CFA, or it's CEo, or the retarded people that eat there, for they have no meaning om my life what so ever at all, I will never meet them, or care about them.

But you do have to wonder why the owner would give so much of his money or life or time to do away with SSM....makes no sense..they have nothing better to do???

I am hoping the business now crumbles.

Wouldn't it be cool if a bunch of gay men went in there, got their food and complained about something bad in it, thus involving the dept of health.....and maybe closing it down....hummm, light bulb

I hear an I Love Lucy theme in the background.

actually, I have never heard of the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City