Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:37 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,374,651 times

Advertisements

I dunno jcoltrane, who told your family to come here? It's probably the same memo....as soon as you go back to whereever you came from...I promise they will too!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:48 AM

127 posts, read 261,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoltrane View Post
Go HOME Transplant, we don't want you here....

I wanna know who sent the Memo instructing every Tom, Dick and Don't Belong Here to move to NYC!!!

Please someone either shoot the person or introduce him to Brooklyn's best problem solver, Louisville Slugger! The way they do it in Besonhurst!!!
Didn't you read that I WAS born here?

In addition, this very attitude is why people from Ny suck

Old 08-01-2012, 09:52 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,905,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_o_matic 76 View Post
Didn't you read that I WAS born here?

In addition, this very attitude is why people from Ny suck
Pay no attention to the angry Herman Cain

Old 08-01-2012, 09:53 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,370 times
What if NYC gets nuked? -- where will all the new yorkers go? Remember, anywhere outside of the NYC area pizza and bagels supposedly suck. How will they survive?

Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM

555 posts, read 1,183,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
LOL Rep points

Old 08-01-2012, 10:02 AM

127 posts, read 261,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
LOL Rep points
Wouldn't he be beating people up in Atlanta?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,226,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
What if NYC gets nuked? -- where will all the new yorkers go? Remember, anywhere outside of the NYC area pizza and bagels supposedly suck. How will they survive?
If NYC gets nuked... there would be no New Yorkers surviving no?
Ah... I guess there would be those that were on vacations, business trips and such.

Pizza in Buffalo aint that bad.... some are pretty good actually. Bagels? I am not sure. I'm not a big bagels fan.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_o_matic 76 View Post
So life is. The grass is always....well ya know. I was born here, raised here, and made all of my friends, connections, civic capital here, so I know deep down I will be lonely elsewhere. I recently went to Miami and the people were SOOOOO much happier it was rediculous, and I felt so good physically and psychically (if thats a word). It was like being in another headspace closer to heaven. The people were so much calmer and more active and best of all they never experienced bone crushing, paralyzing winters.
Outsiders opinions of the people here are generally negative i.e. the description in the Rush song 'The Camera Eye' (among many many) about NYers as "grim faced and forbidding/ their faces closed tight". I wasn't quite sure of the efficacy of statements like these, but once I started working in the corporate world here, holy cow, its accurate. So, clearly many negatives about this city but I can't seem to leave. Kind of like an abused housewive.
We don't have a choice on where we are born, but we do have a choice where we live once we are adults. There are much better cities out there and I am a strong believer in finding the right city for you and with today's technology it is very easy to stay in contact with friends anywhere in the country.

If you are overall unhappy here, then tell me what's the point in sticking it out? I like it here, but in no way do I want to live here forever because there are other cities out there that I will be much happier in when it comes to raising a kid when my fiancee and I get to that point.

Also, you can always move back if you don't like where you move to. I know a number of people that have moved to Portland from NYC and love it there because it still has the things they love about NYC like the communities, but with a lot less people and a lot more affordable to enjoy life.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
don't let it drive you crazy yo..

Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Was Herman Cain even real, I seriously think he was a guy that took the Stephen Colbert idea to the next level. I was terrified that the Republicans could select a guy like him, but now I am wondering if he was trying to point out how screwed up our political system is, and the John Oliver interview has been extremely funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City