Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 03:04 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,652,533 times

Advertisements

I've been living in Brooklyn for more than 25 years. Never been to Brownsville because there is no reason to go there. Brownsville is unknown to many and forgotten by many others. Whatever happens in Brownsville stays in Brownsville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 03:40 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
I was chilling in Van Dyke (or was it Tilden)? anyways, lot's of weird people, crack addicts etc but it felt no more dangerous than Mott Haven in the South Bronx.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:16 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I was chilling in Van Dyke (or was it Tilden)? anyways, lot's of weird people, crack addicts etc but it felt no more dangerous than Mott Haven in the South Bronx.
tilden and van dyke are next door to eachother...how was the dominican day parade? my dad told me it was live lol.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:04 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
tilden and van dyke are next door to eachother...how was the dominican day parade? my dad told me it was live lol.
I didn't go.

Too much BS during the parades. The uptown festival after the parade is where it really becomes insane. I heard there are cops all over Washington Heights. But it's a real fun environment, you should come through.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:38 PM

197 posts, read 894,930 times
Brownsville has been one of the poorest areas of NYC for decades. However I believe the majority of residents are decent people. Like most of the "hoods" in America the crime is caused by a small group of people. The problem is this small group usually has all the decent people scared of them.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 PM

811 posts, read 550,335 times
Quote:
you should be pretty ashamed as a black man. Basically you side with people who don't like you. Pretty pathetic.

The best thing about being black is that all of my black friends are school hungry, education receivers, and want to be a success. I know when we all grow and becomes a success we will not have the pathetic low-self esteem as you since we all believe in each other that we will be successful and destroy every hater in our path who thinks we are supposed to be some type of gang member, or crack addict.

Black folks like you are pretty sad you agree with people who talk about you. That makes you as dumb as the "ghetto" people in the video.
LOL Did you receive a brownsville education? Can you not read? Because I mentioned in one post I have no patience for ANY race, I only mentioned blacks because they are in this topic now. And clearly stated I support positive blacks like gabbu douglas so how could I be "dumb" and "ghetto" as the ones in the video? I support school educated, criminal record free blacks not wastes. You want to support should-have-been-aborted wastes of life like the ones in the video that's on you, but don't give me your whole hungry blacks crap because I can assure you if they were the huge majority the proportion of incarceration to conviction-free highly educated graduates wouldn't be so different compared to other races.Again, good for you with your hungry black friends, but I can assure you they're not the majority. Go to any school in the hood and I can assure you the kid who "wants to make something of himself" does not outweigh the trash.

Lol People like you are the reason the black community are the reason we're in bad shape, you can't take the brutal truth and want to bash those who don't overlook ignorance because of a few "professional blacks" you may know.

I don't respect too many white people either so get your whole "just like the people who hate you" nonsense out. Only race I have a bit of respect for as a whole are asians, we can all learn something from them.

Lol you're probably a democrap, political correctness garbage is a part of you.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:34 PM

811 posts, read 550,335 times
Quote:
i agree one hundred percent which is why i was a bit shocked when this person watched the video and used it as reason to give up on "his own people".

Those are only a group of people who live a certain negative lifestyle. Doesn't mean everyone in the race lives it because i most certainly do not, and hate it as well.
This one video is not the reason I gave up on people, MANY other reasons included, this only reinforced it, not caused.

Read my response to your fellow sensitive political correct dominator and that's my answer to you.

Both of you please go to brownsville right now and lay on the floor in front of the projects, please tell me your experience with the race that mostly lives there.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I didn't go.

Too much BS during the parades. The uptown festival after the parade is where it really becomes insane. I heard there are cops all over Washington Heights. But it's a real fun environment, you should come through.
the dominicans be wilding here in brooklyn as well in williamsburg, but im not used to going to party celebrations on sundays,and the west indian parade is usually on mondays. But next year imma make sure i go to both pr and dr celebrations. Those girls be looking to good, and exotic.

but back to the topic cause i think one of my haters has commented one of my comments

Old 08-12-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
LOL Did you receive a brownsville education? Can you not read? Because I mentioned in one post I have no patience for ANY race, I only mentioned blacks because they are in this topic now. And clearly stated I support positive blacks like gabbu douglas so how could I be "dumb" and "ghetto" as the ones in the video? I support school educated, criminal record free blacks not wastes. You want to support should-have-been-aborted wastes of life like the ones in the video that's on you, but don't give me your whole hungry blacks crap because I can assure you if they were the huge majority the proportion of incarceration to conviction-free highly educated graduates wouldn't be so different compared to other races.Again, good for you with your hungry black friends, but I can assure you they're not the majority. Go to any school in the hood and I can assure you the kid who "wants to make something of himself" does not outweigh the trash.

Lol People like you are the reason the black community are the reason we're in bad shape, you can't take the brutal truth and want to bash those who don't overlook ignorance because of a few "professional blacks" you may know.

I don't respect too many white people either so get your whole "just like the people who hate you" nonsense out. Only race I have a bit of respect for as a whole are asians, we can all learn something from them.

Lol you're probably a democrap, political correctness garbage is a part of you.
hahah im the reason blacks are in the situation that their in because i cant accept the truth? no buddy i know the truth because i have done research on every black stereotype...have you??? i dont think so.

the truth of the matter is the "majority" of blacks are not in the situation that you claim them to be in. A simple google engine and some time will show all these facts.

blacks are in trouble more then any race in america but are the majority of them are? nope.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
This one video is not the reason I gave up on people, MANY other reasons included, this only reinforced it, not caused.

Read my response to your fellow sensitive political correct dominator and that's my answer to you.

Both of you please go to brownsville right now and lay on the floor in front of the projects, please tell me your experience with the race that mostly lives there.
i have been to brownsville plenty of times. Im not these city-data folks who talk about places they have never been. I have met some pretty good people in brownsville as well.

i never had an experience with the "race" that lives their because that would be stereotypical. So your saying every human being in brownsville are the idiots in that video? hahahah silly rabbit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City