Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
Personally I find that women from overseas are more family oriented, sweet and down to earth than the women that were born and raised here. To expand even further, women who have come here from another country, who have been here long enough to become Americanized are already "corrupted" in my humble opinion.
I so agree with this, even more worse when immigrantv women movd to NYC and pick up the NYC stuck up attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 05:43 AM

25 posts, read 144,484 times
I feel as though you mostly find black guys dating outside their race. This is coming for some one born in the 90s though. I don't really pay attention to an older crowd. I actually know of more black/ non-black couples then anything else.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:49 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Black Male- White Male

Old 08-10-2012, 09:40 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
Personally I find that women from overseas are more family oriented, sweet and down to earth than the women that were born and raised here. To expand even further, women who have come here from another country, who have been here long enough to become Americanized are already "corrupted" in my humble opinion.
I agree. And even though, I've had good chemistry with American women, all the women with whom I really shared a special connection were from across the pond. I don't know what it is. I don't like to generalize and say that most American women are more spoiled and less cultured that foreign ones, but my personal experience is that foreign women tend to have a different world perspective, and have not been so adversely affected by some of the negatives things of the American culture, such a conspicuous consumerism and the snooki-type of lifestyles.

As for the list of interracial couples, I've seen all kinds, and I'm glad people have mentioned the
exotic Asian Male & Latin Female combination. It's quite interesting how that happens. I think this usually happens between two immigrants. I haven't seen it happening between American-born.
The other interesting combination is; Asian Male & Black female. This ones, I've seen, maybe, once.
It's not an easy find, but it's definitely out there.

Chad also mentioned about Asian males getting a hold a white female is like winning the lotto for them.
I giggled when I read that, because I've seen this happening first hand within my own family.
Wifey's cousin, (whom btw is smokin' hot ) married a Chinese American guy. He's dorky and as much as a gaming nerd as it possibly can get with Asian guys. He's 10 yrs older too! but he's a cool guy and knows that among his Asian American peers, he's one of the few lucky ones. Its interesting to see how his friends look up to him, somewhat acknowledging he has achieved 'the dream' against all (statistical) odds.

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 AM

555 posts, read 1,183,900 times
HMMMMM no no no KK I have to disagree with you no this one

A white male will have a black male fetish, A white male will sleep with a black male, a white male may even be friends with a black male, but as far as dating goes, I just dont think it is done on a large scale yet
Now I could see White/Latinspanishhispanic male or Black/Latinspanishhispanic male

Old 08-10-2012, 10:06 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Here's national data on interracial marriages;

Among all newlyweds in 2008, intermarried pairings were primarily;
White-Hispanic (41%)
White-Asian (15%)
White-Black (11%)
Other Combinations (33%)
Other combinations consists of pairings between different minority groups, multi-racial people, and American Indians.

----------------------------------------

Among all newlyweds in 2008, 9% of whites, 16% of blacks, 26% of Hispanics and 31% of Asians married someone whose race or ethnicity was different from their own.
-----------------------------------------

Gender patterns in intermarriage vary widely. Some 22% of all black male newlyweds in 2008 married outside their race, compared with just 9% of black female newlyweds. Among Asians, the gender pattern runs the other way. Some 40% of Asian female newlyweds married outside their race in 2008, compared with just 20% of Asian male newlyweds. Among whites and Hispanics, by contrast, there are no gender differences in intermarriage rates.

Interracial marriage in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-10-2012, 10:36 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
My Asian roommate from college married and only dated white men. Her policy was based on the fact that Asian guys simply did not have the right equipment(size) in the bedroom. Having dated a few Asian guys myself in my single days (I am married to a white man and I'm Hispanic) I can agree with her somewhat.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:37 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
it's hard to like any type of woman that
eats food that i don't like to eat, even
if she looks very sexy.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:48 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
HMMMMM no no no KK I have to disagree with you no this one

A white male will have a black male fetish, A white male will sleep with a black male, a white male may even be friends with a black male, but as far as dating goes, I just dont think it is done on a large scale yet
Now I could see White/Latinspanishhispanic male or Black/Latinspanishhispanic male

I'm not talking about DATING but rather long term committment, aka COUPLES!
Black male- White male has worked long term for many I have known.
Of course not as well as white male-white male has...just like white male- white female.

What used to be "fetish" is today perhaps more of a reality.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:51 AM

555 posts, read 1,183,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I'm not talking about DATING but rather long term committment, aka COUPLES!
Sorry should of been more clear, dating long term couples as well.....I still see many more whites willing to date latinspanishhispanic men then white to black.

I mean how many times have we seen, heard or witnessed...."NO blacks NO asians NO fats No fems".....I have come across very few if anyone who has gone with the "No latinspanishhispanic"

http://www.racialicious.com/2011/02/...e-anonymously/

If someone wont even hook up with a black person, why would they date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City