Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 05:01 PM

146 posts, read 247,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Not nearly enough for me to deal with the crap the higher ups give them lol. Next time you work with Brennan, ask him about the job.....its fun when he cries.

That test should be coming up in 2014. You personally won't have enough time on yet to take the position, but I think you can still take the test.
ok cool im definetly taking it

Old 09-03-2012, 06:48 AM

87 posts, read 227,951 times
looking at galeton.com for rain gear...different thickness, styles, color. whats best for summer/spring then winter but also is acceptable by unform standards? are the pvc boots accurate by size? thanks

Old 09-03-2012, 07:23 AM

156 posts, read 327,262 times
I get it from the safty plus stores... reason - the sizez are all wacky... i think i have a 5x rain jacket.. Its a 1 piece jacket that is down to my knees... If you go out there and buy 100 dollor raingear your wasteing your money. I dont wear the pants part because they always seem to rip... split... tear on me..... I just get the long jacket... As for rain boots i get the 15$ ones that have there.... Only really good for warmer weather very thin.... The new fad for winter boots are the BIG HEAVY boots call mickey mouse boots (Military style). They will keep your feet warm and dry for winter rain and snow. not to be worn everyday. Ebay has them. not to much $. They say order 1 size smaller then u are.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:27 AM

269 posts, read 497,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trag672 View Post
I get it from the safty plus stores... reason - the sizez are all wacky... i think i have a 5x rain jacket.. Its a 1 piece jacket that is down to my knees... If you go out there and buy 100 dollor raingear your wasteing your money. I dont wear the pants part because they always seem to rip... split... tear on me..... I just get the long jacket... As for rain boots i get the 15$ ones that have there.... Only really good for warmer weather very thin.... The new fad for winter boots are the BIG HEAVY boots call mickey mouse boots (Military style). They will keep your feet warm and dry for winter rain and snow. not to be worn everyday. Ebay has them. not to much $. They say order 1 size smaller then u are.
Not a fan of rain gear. doesnt matter what you wear you are gonna get wet either with water or your own sweat from having rain gear on. me personally i only worry about keeping my feet dry. I have found the best way to do this, is to invest in a pair of mickies. they are commando boots. guys in your garage will definitely have them. I have 200 dollar waterproof redwings. 150 dollar waterproof columbias and both do not keep my feet dry. the 50 dollar mickies do the trick every time. they may not be the most comfortable but your feet will stay dry as a bone guaranteed.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen6275 View Post
Not a fan of rain gear. doesnt matter what you wear you are gonna get wet either with water or your own sweat from having rain gear on. me personally i only worry about keeping my feet dry. I have found the best way to do this, is to invest in a pair of mickies. they are commando boots. guys in your garage will definitely have them. I have 200 dollar waterproof redwings. 150 dollar waterproof columbias and both do not keep my feet dry. the 50 dollar mickies do the trick every time. they may not be the most comfortable but your feet will stay dry as a bone guaranteed.
I think in my class we all ran out and bought the rain gear, and we all gave up in it. Its a pain to work in, rips easily, and Masha you sweat so much that you might as well have gotten soaked.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:42 AM

473 posts, read 932,183 times
If you are going to buy rain gear it must be yellow. I like the bib overalls because you don't need to constantly pull your pants up.
For rain boots I have bogs (muck boots are the same) they are rubber and insulated. You can find them online on sale for around $70.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:56 AM

87 posts, read 227,951 times
great info all of you..tried searching, anyone have a good link for those mickey boots?

Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 AM

269 posts, read 497,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captshiner View Post
great info all of you..tried searching, anyone have a good link for those mickey boots?
No link for them. You have to get them from the px. Usually a guy in every garage that can get them for you

Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 AM

7 posts, read 56,717 times
Default DSNY Chart Calendar on your iPhone & Android

DSNY Chart Calendar on your iPhone & Android

I created a Chart Calendar that shows all 25 Groups and 6 Officer Groups.

This calendar goes forever, it's not just for 2012.

Your iphone/ipad or Android device needs to have a GMail account with the calander feature active

Post back with any issues.

iPHONE USERS

Copy and paste the link below, then send yourself an e-mail with the link in it. Then click on that link from your e-mail. When the link opens via your e-mail, you will get an option to SUBSCRIBE to calendar.

https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/pn2rdm8ll0mafqa4aa2pmmr0f4%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics

ANDROID USERS

Click on the arrow (on the right side of) “OTHER Calendars” and select “Add By URL”

Copy and paste the link below

https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/pn2rdm8ll0mafqa4aa2pmmr0f4%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics

P.S I made this for my Brother-In-Law and 2 cousins that are on the job, and I figured that I would just share it with everyone.

Enjoy
Frank D'Amato

DSNY Chart Calendar

Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Well that's incredibly useful. Thanks for the hard work man.

So where are all the guys and gal that we had going to FBF last week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City