Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 05:48 PM

29 posts, read 56,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Priceless statement.

And in a nutshell what feeds the vicious cycle.
I mean, sorry buddy but I can't explain to you why people might like there music up. But I'm pretty sure there are tons of young and old people can explain to you the joys of loud music.
Like I said, what have you done for the world?
Does it make me ignorant to like some of the talented drawing of people? Does it make me ignorant to admire how some people got so high on top of a building, illegally spray painted, and made something that made you gawk in amazement?
Explain to me what is so 'vicious' about loud music and graffiti? Instead do you want to hear just the rumblings of the trains and sounds of honking? Oh let me guess, you probably want that silenced too. Probably want everything to be quiet.
Well some of us like exploring, experiencing things, and living life at least slightly on the edge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 07:33 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
So yesterday, we went to Randall's island with another couple. We wanted to have a picnic.
In the begining, everything was nice. It was a sunny day; not excessively hot or humid. The smell of the freshly cut grass was very inviting, and what's best, it looked that there wasn't many people around.

We had a nice time for about 1 hr. Untill a car packed with like 8 people, got out.
They took out some tables, set up a grill, and opened the trunck of the car and started blasting music.
The music was loud, but since we didn't stay for to long before their arrival, we decided to put up with them for a while.
Fast foward 30 mins, and two cars pull over. This time, one guy takes out a massive subwoofer from the trunk and on a extremely high bass, they start blasting Salsa.
It was like they were trying to over do, the other car blasting Bachata.

We were pretty far away from them (about 500 yards) but it was so ridicuosly loud that we couldn't even talk to each other without screaming.
10 min. into this non-sense we decided to pack our things and leave.

So my thoughts were; What really go through these people's mind?
If I wanted to listen to some kind of dancing music, I'd go to a club, not a park.
What kind of people go to a park where you can enjoy nature and tranquility, to blast music?
makes no sense.

These people are so incosiderate. They really could care less that there might others in the park enjoying themselves -who by the way, might not like their music.

On my way to the car I passed by them, and obviously with the music so loud nobody could talk, so they were basically staring at each other. It was so sad, and stupid at the same time.

anyway, sorry for the rant. I just wanted to know if there's any ordinance prohibiting these people from being so inconsiderate with others?
Just out of curiosity, was this your first time attempting to picnic at Randalls Island? I was unaware that there even were picnicking areas there. Are you allowed to BBQ?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-28-2012, 07:49 PM

296 posts, read 638,591 times
when the music is loud enough to give me a headache or heart palpitaions(which has happened) or loud enough to make my windows at home shake And cause things on shelves to fall off you need to really just go deaf already so the rest of us who love hearing can have peace. there is no need to have your music/bass that loud. bty....taylor swift songs do kinda sound alike after awhile while my old neighboors spanish stuff sounded like polka music. i dont want to hear about bustin babies cause i gots the**** or whatever. and opera is not for everyone. was told motorcyclists have loud pipes so people can hear and see them so they dont hit them with their cars. no need to have the things on your car though. loud pipes on a hyundai..really? if you want loud music plug in some ear phones and make your own ears bleed please.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:52 PM

802 posts, read 1,321,705 times
Somehow I knew it was going to be salsa music before I even read that paragraph.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:15 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
why does it feel like all these posters who make these race related post always use the line "dont call me racist because im hispanic as well". Not saying any of you are lying but its pretty funny.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:20 PM

the op of this thread clearly has racial issues. Every post he/she makes is about some race thats of color.

im willing to bet the op probably majored in sociology not to be a sociologist but to argue with every professor about the acts of certain races an cultures.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
Somehow I knew it was going to be salsa music before I even read that paragraph.
off coarse if it were rodeo music it would of have been Nyc having life. But no its salsa and bachata so according to the Op thats going to the 1980s crack epedemic nyc.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:49 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
the op of this thread clearly has racial issues. Every post he/she makes is about some race thats of color.

im willing to bet the op probably majored in sociology not to be a sociologist but to argue with every professor about the acts of certain races an cultures.
Your ASSumption is stupid and misguided. I have nothing against people of color. I do, however, have a lot to say against ghetto behavior. But sadly, to you and several others, being critical of ghetto behavior equates being racist.
So I say;
Carry on, defending the indefensible Al sharpton.

Btw, dont you ever leave this at home.

Last edited by likeminas; 08-29-2012 at 06:12 AM..

Old 08-29-2012, 05:57 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawkins36 View Post
I mean, sorry buddy but I can't explain to you why people might like there music up. But I'm pretty sure there are tons of young and old people can explain to you the joys of loud music.
Like I said, what have you done for the world?
Does it make me ignorant to like some of the talented drawing of people? Does it make me ignorant to admire how some people got so high on top of a building, illegally spray painted, and made something that made you gawk in amazement?
Explain to me what is so 'vicious' about loud music and graffiti? Instead do you want to hear just the rumblings of the trains and sounds of honking? Oh let me guess, you probably want that silenced too. Probably want everything to be quiet.
Well some of us like exploring, experiencing things, and living life at least slightly on the edge.
I would love to explain common sense to you, but from what you've writen here it's quite evident that you are one of those hoods who part take and engage in this kind of behavior, so it would be futile and a royal waste of my time to explain general courtesy and common sense to you.

Btw, when I see a graffitti up on a building I dont gawk in amazement. I think to myself, "godamn hoods just defaced a another building, hopefully they'll get caught soon enough, before they make this city any uglier"

Last edited by likeminas; 08-29-2012 at 06:14 AM..

Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,429 times
Quote:
I would love to explain common sense to you, but from what you've writen here it's quite evident that you are one of those hoods who part take and engage in this kind of behavior, so it would be futile and a royal waste of my time to explain general courtesy and common sense to you.

Btw, when I see a graffitti up on a building I dont gawk in amazement. I think to myself, "godamn hoods just defaced a another building, hopefully they'll get caught soon enough, before they make this city any uglier"
I hear that!

Caning in Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: